Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customers that have had a bad experience

WCF

Help Support WCF:

matt clark

On a weekly basis I come across more and more custys that have had a bad experience with wfp. Luckily I have a van mount and also carry my ladders for when traditional is needed but the amount of custys that say "if you use your pole im not interested as my last windy used a pole and never looked clean" I do explain he must of not been using it correct as all my customers are fine with it. Its not just one custy its loads. Does any body else come across many anti wfp custys?

Not really. I know of one company that people moan about alot, but they have just got a third van on the road, so can't be that bad. If you give them a choice they will choose the trad way as if feels like they are getting more for their money. I charge extra for tradding exterior glass. One job I at quoted £25, but they wanted trad so pay £40.

I would say either the wfp window cleaners in question are doing a shite job or the customers in question don't like their windows left wet etc.

It is up to you what work you take on and what methods you use but myself I will not be dictated to what method I use.

Wfp works as long as the user knows what they're doing, I've yet to find a window that won't clean with the pole.

my mate who cleans trad sold £300 worth of work to some wfp window cleaners by me.the problem was 1:the custies preferred trad & 2:they didn't introduce themselves,didnt clean the frames etc on the first clean,so they did a **** job.they thought they could make a fast turn over without putting the hard work in.this is what gives wfp a bad name.they lost virtualy every custy.

I've picked up a job off a tradder today, the woman's main thing was that she wanted the frames cleaned. She was well chuffed when I finished and said she was going to tell all her friends on farce book about how good WFP is over trad /emoticons/smile.png

Not really. I know of one company that people moan about alot, but they have just got a third van on the road, so can't be that bad. If you give them a choice they will choose the trad way as if feels like they are getting more for their money. I charge extra for tradding exterior glass. One job I at quoted £25, but they wanted trad so pay £40.
If the ***** think that they are getting more for their buck with a squeeze then they are mad. Wfp cleans the frames everytime and the windows stay cleaner for longer. It's a no brainer really.

I've picked up a job off a tradder today, the woman's main thing was that she wanted the frames cleaned. She was well chuffed when I finished and said she was going to tell all her friends on farce book about how good WFP is over trad /emoticons/smile.png
I have had this exact same thing.

iv heard it said 100s nay 1000s of times . theyre hostile to any pole even the trad pole because of bad results with the water fed pole in the past.

I would probably turn the work down, I can't be arsed to trad now after WFP for a awhile.

I am yet to find anyone bothered yet though, most are interested more than anything.

My newest customer had a wfp guy before me and she said they dry with dirty marks, like already said I told her he possibly didn't actually know what he was doing and I always have 0 ppm water rang her today and her windows were perfect and she was impressed with wfp for the first time ever, it's more educating the customer I find and if you do a fantastic job they can't argue with the results

If I got someone difficult I would offer to clean a couple of windows and get back to me.
I always complete the job and take the money , if there awkward I say check them when there dry and ring me if any problems

I was thinking more at the time of the quote, if they were being funny about WFP I would offer to clean a couple of windows and give a price.

Ok cleaned the correct way they will stay cleaner longer over a traditional clean , I'm not knocking trad in any way at all , I love trad just as much as wfp but trad leaves residue that attracts dirt back

Think if done right they do stay cleaner longer, I have no proof of this other than switching over from one to the other I have noticed it.

Back