Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van and tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Paul

What size van do you have and what litre tank do you carry in it, what would be the biggest tank I could put in a kangoo size van, I'm thinking 250l is gonna be a bit small don't last long enough.

partner van with 250 tank could get away with 300 tho in it

250 lasts me a while mate good 4-5 hrs of work anyway

i can manage now but do want a 400litre tank but will need a new van for this really

what van have you got ?

My van has a payload of 995kg and have a tank of 750 liter tank on board. Any good company that fit systems would be able to tell you what would be best. I used GrippaTank.co.uk to fit my system maybe if you give them a call they can help.

But I have always gone in that a 1000 litres of water is about a ton do you need to take that into account when working out what size tank to have plus other equipment.

Merc Vito (surprise) with 350 ltr upright. Good for days work, haven't run out since I've learned how to do the job properly!

My van has a payload of 995kg and have a tank of 750 liter tank on board. Any good company that fit systems would be able to tell you what would be best. I used GrippaTank.co.uk to fit my system maybe if you give them a call they can help.

But I have always gone in that a 1000 litres of water is about a ton do you need to take that into account when working out what size tank to have plus other equipment.
I'm guessing if you fill that mate you'd be overloaded..... Have you stuck it on a weighbridge when full and checked weights, including axle loading?

What size van do you have and what litre tank do you carry in it, what would be the biggest tank I could put in a kangoo size van, I'm thinking 250l is gonna be a bit small don't last long enough.
Depends on the exact model Paul, look at the designation on the back or sides. If it is a previous shape ('98-'09) it will probably say either SL17 or SL19. If it is a 17, that will have a payload of up to about 620kg, which would limit you to a 250l tank, the 19 has a payload of up to 800kg, which would be ok for 350l. The exact payload will depend on the exact model and spec, but you could phone your nearest renault van dealer with reg number if you want to be sure.

got a fiat doblo with a 350 upright tank... it has a payload of 750 so it should be ok.. i considered the weight of myself the equipment , water and fuel and its within that.

iv seen numerous vans with 1000l industrial tanks that arent baffled in small renault masters etc, surely the payload cant cope with 1000kg plus equipmnt ??? correct me if im wrong

I wouldnt say the company you used are very good if they advised you that using a 750l system in a van with a 995kg payload was a good idea. Yes 750l of water weighs 750kg, but a 750l system is going to need a very heavy duty metal frame, fixed to the van floor to hold it in place securely. This would weigh in at probably 100+kg, that makes 850kg, the tank will weigh about 30kg, that is 880kg, you, if you are an average sized male are going to weigh about 90kg, that brings you up to 970kg. That leaves about 25kg for everything else in your van (including diesel). If i were using a 750l system, i would be looking for a van with a payload of at least 1200kg. A responsible, professional company, should also know this.

Transit Connect LWB 650 litre system fitted by waterfedpole systems (not around anymore)
Same here, max payload for a transit connect is 900kg. A 650l system should be in a van with a payload of at least 1000kg.

I had a a Renault master swb it had a payload of 2.2kg and I had 1000liter tank on board. You do need to look in to your payload and have the tank fitted correctly and in the right place. You should alway have a baffered tank.

There is no renault master with a 2.2kg payload, or even a 2.2ton payload. That was the engine capacity, 2.2 litres, my brother has one. Renault vans are designated by there gvw, the master would have been either a 2800, 3300 or 3500 for an older, pre '03 version. Post '03 would be 28, 33, or 35. For a 1000l system you should have had either a 3300 or an 33, which would have a payload of at least 1400kg.

750 litres of water is about 3/4 of a ton which leave 245kg for my other equipment. It's all in the math.

lol thanks for spelling out the math for me puro...... /emoticons/tongue.png

my van payload is 825, yet I can only carry 400 litres. by the time you have the tank, hose reels, ply boarding if you have it, diesel, you as driver and passenger if you have 1, and whatever other gear, you'd be surprised when you do the math.

by sticking it on weighbridge you'd get a definitive answer!

Badbusdriver you knowledge on vehicles is really something! You must be really into your cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok gents as clearly I'm a little out of my depth here a quick question.

Payload ie 995kg is that after a tank of diesel and other fluids needed for the van and driver?

Then passengers are counted as part of the load?

Also the Renualt Master I had did have a payload of 1400kg not 2.2 my mistake very sorry.

However I have had a water system of some sort in a van of some kind I've the last 6 years and never had a problem with overloading etc.

However to be on the safe side I may just go to a weighbridge. How can I found out where to do that?

Back