Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some questions???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trickydicky

Hi..I posted most of this in the water fed forum but might have more luck here. Thanks

I currently have a pressure washing/coatings company and i also do a bit of gutter cleaning and fascia/sofitt cleaning by hand/ladder .

I am away to purchase a water fed pole system for cleaning the conservatories and fascia but will be doing a DIY as i have a pump in a box from my softwash outfit for cleaning roofs and was hoping to adapt that .

I have decided on a gardiner slx25 as my pole as i am also going to be using the pole as a delivery system for spraying the roofs on my softwash as the gun only shoots so far and i believe i can add to make this 35ft if needed.

I am wanting to build a trolley system that will allow me to switch from tap water for cleaning to R/O Water for rinsing quickly and could do with a helping hand as im not sure of the best way to approach this. I am intending bringing RO water on site rather than using resin.

I am also wanting to incorporate the unger hiflo in line chemical mixer for my detergent and not sure where this would go in the system .

I am using a delevan fat boy pump on my softwash and its a 60psi and around 20lpm which i know is a lot more than the pumps that you use. Will the flow controller allow me to turn this pump down to a level thats suitable for the type of work im looking to do?

Which brush should i be looking at and will it be better with fan jets bearing in mind im only wanting it for cons/fascia cleaning?

Do you notice much difference on the upvc fascia between cleaning with pure water as opposed to tap water and with it being high up am i just as well using the tap water( which is very soft) or better with the RO water?

I think i better keep the hot box questions for another post!!

Good choice of pole, i would go for a sill brush with fan jets then either build a trolley that uses 25l barrels or just use the customers tap then a backpack full of pure for rinsing off.

Cheers Lads...I am up in Dundee area Duncs....Do any of you guys use this unger in line detergent injector...http://www.window-cleaning-supply.com/products/WaterFed-%C2%AE-%252d-Parts-%252d-Unger-%252d-HiFlo-%252d-Soap-Dispenser.html

After finding out the tds of the water up here i am just going to use a trolley initially and see how i get on. I was thinking this might be ideal for doing conservatories fascia etc...Cheers

Hi mate i think it would be best if us seprate hoses for the softwash and pure water cleaning as i think the soft wash stuff might contaminate the pure, i was wondering where did you get the soft wash equipment? as im intrested in going into that sort of thing moreso than cleaning windows.

Cheers...Yeah i am getting a 650 litre for van for pressure washing bladder tank. I am putting a dedicated 350l tank on my softwash gear and my wfp will be a portable unit using di resin and customers tap with the option of using the main pressure washing tank if req.

I got my softwash kit from USA a couple of years ago and have done a few jobs but have not really advertised it at all just when i go to price a roof clean i will mention this option depending on what type of roof etc.

I will tell you now it is not first choice on heavily mossed roofs which most of them are up north but it deffo has its place and is a great way to do the job.

Cheers...Yeah i am getting a 650 litre for van for pressure washing bladder tank. I am putting a dedicated 350l tank on my softwash gear and my wfp will be a portable unit using di resin and customers tap with the option of using the main pressure washing tank if req.I got my softwash kit from USA a couple of years ago and have done a few jobs but have not really advertised it at all just when i go to price a roof clean i will mention this option depending on what type of roof etc.

I will tell you now it is not first choice on heavily mossed roofs which most of them are up north but it deffo has its place and is a great way to do the job.
What equipment do You have for softwash?

Latest Posts

Back