Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose popping off!!!!

Neil

Was washing my van today turned on my tap from my hose on my van and all of a sudden POP! the hose from the di to the hose Reel popped off the reel and sprayed water everywhere! I let it run a bit and connected back up then tried again , it popped off again like there's to much pressure building up !! Does anyone no what the problem could be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was washing my van today turned on my tap from my hose on my van and all of a sudden POP! the hose from the di to the hose Reel popped off the reel and sprayed water everywhere! I let it run a bit and connected back up then tried again , it popped off again like there's to much pressure building up !! Does anyone no what the problem could be?

It sounds like you have a stop end connector facing the wrong direction Neil. The water isn't passing through and blowing the Hozelock off.

I've always had this set up tuffers and it's never done this before [emoji107]

fb76b0364c8a4013081634f96ea153bd.jpg

Not the best pic, on the left of the hose is where it's popping off

I've also found hozelock type plastic fittings pop off/ leak when they get worn. That's why I like to carry a few spares including outside tap fittings etc. Which reminds me I've left another new outside tap fitting on a job yesterday as the customers one was knackered. Doh!:rolleyes:

Must be the Hozeloc connector which has worn from the spinning of the 'Straight-Brass Connector' on the reel.
A 'Swivel-Elbow Brass Connector' on the reel is much better :thumbsup:........

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-reels/hose-reel-accessories/hozelock-type-brass-hose-reel-fitting-swivel-elbow.html
Would this just replace my brass fitting on my hose @Bingo and should I get a brass connector to from the di hose to connect to the swivel bass fitting?

Ideally you should match like for like so if you get a brass swivel for the inlet on your hose would be a good idea to get a brass hozelock fitting for the inlet hose too.

Didn't see these replies till now I've bought these and fitted on works a treat
9016df292d9fe94dd2ad7d76f76ddf08.jpg

neil dont understand why you have that hoslock fitting on reel

just use the brass swivel works great no problems

your hose with them metal fitting I would change them to the gardiners hose lock

they have none return valve so no need for any valves push your pole connection instant water

down side the hose lock you canny rive it all over the plc

never catches on nowt

turn your water on at the control panel pump your water is ready to go

I have Hozeloc connector on brass swivel elbow and no leaks whatsoever.

my reel is fixed in the van...like in the pic....so not having to connect and disconnect the reel numerous times a day, has resulted in a leak free hozelok fitting on the reel for well-over a year.

I've found the spinning of the reel wears out the o ring and usually replacing that usually sorts it

I've found the spinning of the reel wears out the o ring and usually replacing that usually sorts it
That will happen if connected to a straight connector on the reel......

If using the swivel elbow connector, then the Hozeloc connector is not the spinning point :thumbsup:.

neil dont understand why you have that hoslock fitting on reeljust use the brass swivel works great no problems

your hose with them metal fitting I would change them to the gardiners hose lock

they have none return valve so no need for any valves push your pole connection instant water

down side the hose lock you canny rive it all over the plc

never catches on nowt

turn your water on at the control panel pump your water is ready to go
Duncs that is a brass swivel and I've put that tap connector on to it so when I drain the water out after work (cold night) water won't spray out everywhere I turn the tap off disconnect and face it out the back of the van and drain the water out from the pump [emoji106] I agree I need to change the hose lock fitting have you got a link @Duncs ?

I need this fitting for my aqua dapter though mate.

Latest Posts

Back