Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cold

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yeah it's freezing here in Croydon mate no snow thank god [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a walk up the offy

Scraped the wifes car windows and covered the car up for her in the morning

Council re done the paths round here

Replaced the old paved bits with tarmac paths now

Bleedin slippery now

Nearly broke my ankle on the way to the offy

Think it is a money saver for them but the pavements never were that treacherous

Not worried about the weather

Will have my flask and heating in the motor if needed

Haven't even got any gloves

But i will still be out all day

I went out today ... Didn't even get out of the van ... It was bleeching down .. sleety rain I don't mind working in rain .. Not that today .... Same tomorrow mmmmmmm

Sleet is horrible

Did a new job in snow yesterday but the windows stayed dry (trad)

But couldn't have done it in sleet

View attachment 3550 It is strange working in snow and sometimes a bit eerie

I remember a few years ago doing an estate of town houses in the snow

Mate footing the ladder and still slightly moving

Funny places with a ledge you can walk round on the top floor to do them all in 1 go and sloped roof above 1st floor

Bloody scary

not fun in snow

Arhhh spoke too soon bloody snowing , everything white ,, bloody kids must of heard me telling the wife .... It's like Xmas morning all over again .. Running up and down stairs .. excited " no school " we'll see about that ... If I'm working , there going to school hahaha

Yes, its going to be stingy finger time this week.....the freezing cold ladder never helps. I think I may be using the laddermate a bit more this week.....best to be safe.

Oops...thought you said sticky finger time

Something different entirely

Yeah the ankalad has been out more lately

The cold is weird though......went to the footy yesterday, had a few beers beforehand.....the temperature must have been close to freezing, but I didnt even notice as I go so wound up and uptight about the game. I could have been sat there naked and the cold wouldnt have bothered me!

I nearly slipped off a flat roof on Thursday :confused:. I was cleaning an orangerie and hadn't noticed the ice, I skidded towards the edge and saved myself just in time. Be careful folks.

It would have bothered me if you were naked in the cold

Raisins anyone?

Who did you go to watch??

Me and my son go to stevenage borough most weeks as is a 2 minute walk for me and they have a cracking bar

Yeah stay safe tuffers

Even flat roofs are dodgy while icy

This weather doesn't kill..complacency kills

It would have bothered me if you were naked in the coldRaisins anyone?

Who did you go to watch??

Me and my son go to stevenage borough most weeks as is a 2 minute walk for me and they have a cracking bar
It was the derby v forest match......a few people got a little over excited!

Was it a rubberised flat roof @Tuffers as those are lethal anyway when wet let alone ice on them?

I nearly slipped off a flat roof on Thursday :confused:. I was cleaning an orangerie and hadn't noticed the ice, I skidded towards the edge and saved myself just in time. Be careful folks.

It's still below freezing here at the mo but even if the temp rises I won't be going out to do a bit as I'm looking after the little one today.

That reminds me one day I will have to get around to protecting my ro system from freezing as it is in the back garden running. I do bring it indoors when it's not producing pure but I'm sure one day its going to get frozen solid like my gas water heater as my memory is shocking now /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back