Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

This is the reason why i hate going to quote industrial units

You could be right there - Makes you wonder where the tree roots have grown to don't it
It does indeed, my guess is it would be best to just replace the downpipe completely, and probably the T joint at the top.

That downpipe is about 10 inches in diameter too /emoticons/biggrin.png

It does indeed, my guess is it would be best to just replace the downpipe completely, and probably the T joint at the top.

Here is a better pic so to get a better idea how big that downpipe is as its massive but still got blocked. It would not supprise me at all that the whole pipe is blocked including below ground too.

View attachment 3571

id bet those roots would be tougher than the roof and gutter materials, probably start snapping and peeling away as you remove the pipe and veg

I think someone in the past has already tried to remove the tree from the downspout as it's had a slight trim. So going by the thinkness of the branches cut would have been at least 6 foot tall. That means maybe the roots would be at least 12 foot or more growing down that pipe :D

View attachment 3572

Like I say, I would just remove the whole downpipe and throw it away and replace it, no point trying to remove it from the pipe.

Back