Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Opinion needed - Aqua Dapter or Gooseneck???

• Thread starter MyLittleCleaningCompany
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

MyLittleCleaningCompany

Hi All, I am hoping to purchase a new pole soon and think I am going to try out Gardniers Slx 22. The matter I need help resolving is do I buy it with a Carbon Gooseneck with the quick changing system or do I buy it as standard so I can keep using my aqua dapter?

Now I'm using a van system instead of a trolley one, water usage is not as important and I do have a tap on the end of my micro bore so could use this instead but it might be more of a pain.

On the other hand I have notice on my current pole there is some give at the top so I like the idea of having a very rigid and light brush end that I can change quickly. I have a few jobs where I need to alter the angle but you can buy an adapter to put on the end of the pole so you can use it with one.

Does anyone use a gooseneck? If so I would really appreciate your opinion. Would anyone stick with the aqua dapter because they have tried out a gooseneck?

J

/emoticons/tongue.png

you can use the aqua dapter with the gooseneck, looks like it makes the pole really long though

Hi I used an aquadapter for a few weeks and I never got on with it it kept jamming I lost so much time fiddling around with it that I went back to a standard tape fitting.

That was about a year ago, what are they like now?

Cheers Mark I think I might start calling you the video guru!

Puroreach - they are a good bit of kit but I know what you mean. Mine keeps jamming a fair bit and won't turn off at plus 30 feet. I found putting an o clip round the hose where it connects to the aqua dapter helped.

Aqua dapter - Thanks for that but I have to agree with Mark. The pole looks very long and there will be a fair few connectors which has got to reduce the advantages of a gooseneck. Think I'm going with the gooseneck and ditch the aqua dapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jamie,

We rarely if ever hear any problems with 'jamming'. If it's not turning off over 30ft this is usually because the carriage hasn't gone right to the bottom of the Aqua-dapter body on the initial pull, sometimes caused by the hose stretching. This usually is if not using our hose, or when using hot water. At greater height it does require a harder/stronger initial pull, otherwise the trigger isn't released and it will require at least 2 pulls to switch off later. We do know of customers using Aqua-dapters to 50'+.

Another alternative is our newest red hose which has even less stretch.

PuroReach,

Sorry to hear your experience wasn't the usual one. We had a bad batch about a year ago that we emailed everyone about; I wonder if yours was one of those? If you bought it from us did you contact us about the issue you were having?

The Mk3 has been really popular, we sold out very quickly, but fortunately we have all colours back in stock now /emoticons/wink.png

Paul

Hi Jamie,

We rarely if ever hear any problems with 'jamming'. If it's not turning off over 30ft this is usually because the carriage hasn't gone right to the bottom of the Aqua-dapter body on the initial pull, sometimes caused by the hose stretching. This usually is if not using our hose, or when using hot water. At greater height it does require a harder/stronger initial pull, otherwise the trigger isn't released and it will require at least 2 pulls to switch off later. We do know of customers using Aqua-dapters to 50'+.

Another alternative is our newest red hose which has even less stretch.

PuroReach,

Sorry to hear your experience wasn't the usual one. We had a bad batch about a year ago that we emailed everyone about; I wonder if yours was one of those? If you bought it from us did you contact us about the issue you were having?

The Mk3 has been really popular, we sold out very quickly, but fortunately we have all colours back in stock now /emoticons/wink.png

Paul
Hi Paul, yes I am using it with the stated hose and yes I am pulling it hard.

I am sorry i can not help but i am still waiting for aqua dapter to get some stock in then i might be able to help

Hi Jamie,

According to the system you have the orange hose, not the new red?

If it really is jamming, please email in and we can check this out for you. They units do benefit from regular washing, particularly the trigger, to make sure it flicks back into place easily.

The Carbon Gooseneck Adapter is quite popular. As it's quick release the brush can be easily removed when putting away in a van, and the part itself is only long enough to ensure a secure fit of the Carbon Gooseneck.

Paul

I am sorry i can not help but i am still waiting for aqua dapter to get some stock in then i might be able to help
Hi Mark,

All back in stock now /emoticons/wink.png I was going to look in PMs to find your phone number today but ran out of time. I can give you a call Monday.

Paul

Hi Jamie,

If it really is jamming, please email in and we can check this out for you. They units do benefit from regular washing, particularly the trigger, to make sure it flicks back into place easily.

The Carbon Gooseneck Adapter is quite popular. As it's quick release the brush can be easily removed when putting away in a van, and the part itself is only long enough to ensure a secure fit of the Carbon Gooseneck.

Paul

Hi Mark,

All back in stock now /emoticons/wink.png I was going to look in PMs to find your phone number today but ran out of time. I can give you a call Monday.

Paul
cheers 07766557461

Hi Jamie,

Paul

Hi Mark,

All back in stock now /emoticons/smile.png I was going to look in PMs to find your phone number today but ran out of time. I can give you a call Monday.

Paul
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the speedy advice I wasn't aware you had brought out another type of hose. How stiff are the attachments. I've noticed with my current pole (ionic Grafter plus 32) that the plastic screw it sits on is coming loose. I'll give it some thought

Hi Jamie,

The Carbon Gooseneck Adapter is solid on the top of the Aqua-dapter. If I had thought I would have tried to "flex" it at the end of that video to demonstrate!

As the threads are metal-on-metal, it's sometimes worth wrapping a piece of PVC electrical tape around the thread on the top of the Aqua-dapter - as shown on it in the video - to prevent it from loosening (you could also use some threadlock, but that would make it more difficult to use the Aqua-dapter with a standard fitting like a FlipFast or Angle Crank then).

I've noticed with my current pole (ionic Grafter plus 32) that the plastic screw it sits on is coming loose.
Do you mean the plastic screw is coming loose in the pole? Is it bonded in and the glue is breaking down?

Paul

Its a plastic screw and yes I think the bond is coming loose. Thanks again

Back