Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van nicked whilst working (not mine)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm wondering now if he left the van unlocked with the keys in the ignition.

If he did then he is a plonker as the insurance will not pay out for sure :rolleyes:

He must of left it all unlocked , I always see windys round here leaving there doors wide open while the cleaning windows! Beckenham is up the road from me ! I assure you that no one will be nicking my van whilst I'm working as I'm getting an alarm upgrade in a couple of weeks so that can f right off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He must of left it all unlocked , I always see windys round here leaving there doors wide open while the cleaning windows! Beckenham is up the road from me ! I assure you that no one will be nicking my van whilst I'm working as I'm getting an alarm upgrade in a couple of weeks so that can f right off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need one of these mate.../emoticons/biggrin.png

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFoUL_bIotw[/media]

I want one of these /emoticons/biggrin.png

Flame throwers are now banned in South Africa. So they fit fake jets and large printed decals on the doors showing paint on the doors peeling and burnt from the heat. If you were a hijacker and even if you knew it was against the law to use it, would you take the chance?

Another deterrent was a bottle of whiskey in the glove box that was laced with poison. It was irresistible. As long as it was in a locked glove box, the car owner wasn't charged with murder. A stolen car was recovered a few miles away in Johannesburg with 4 dead occupants in it and an empty whiskey bottle. I would imagine that the law has now changed with regard to this as well.

Then there were 2 idiots who 'developed' another idea. The one had a charged rod sharpened to a point fitted vertically under the driver's seat. It could be set of with a remote if the car was hijacked. The detonated charge would shoot this rod through the seat and into the thief's backside. The other idiot had a couple of very sharp spring loaded blades that also could be set off with a remote. The blades would cut the legs off a wouldbe car hijacker.

I doubt I would want to drive either vehicle just in case something malfunctioned.

VERMIN. used to happen all the time in the 80's. Insurance was silly money. Not as easy to knick a car/van nowadays. I always leave back doors open. Keys always in my pocket

Latest Posts

Back