Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Its.....sixty quids....

cheapncheerful

just made out the following...I dont get many like this and I am not to keen on work....:rolleyes:

1) Gutter clearout full house and also clear and check all downspouts. Price £60.oo (this may involve some dismantling and rebuilding of downspouts..)

2) Exterior gutter and facia and soffit board all around the house full clean down using virisol to remove built up grime and algae to include some removal by hand. Price £60.00

3) Front and side of house full washdown of all cladding.This will require some hand removal with magic sponges of built up lines of black grime and dirt. Price £60.00

4)Removal of all ivy from roof to ground on front side elevation. Price £60.00

5) First clean of all exterior windows / doors and removal of ingrained dirt. £25.00 normal clean price £10.00.

(Please note the outside kitchen tap is currently switched off inside and will be needed for all works and preferably a power outlet would help.)The above jobs could be done over time with only the gutter clearout an emergency matter.

Money could be saved by only having the ivy cut down to half way (half price) and kept under control in future.Also.....the same applies to the gutter facia soffit washdown if only the front was done the back could be done later.

A WHOLE job discount of £20.00 applies if all work is carried out.

maybe I should have priced the windows at sixty too!

I will let you know how many sixtys I get....its....one hundred and eighty...maybe...more..../emoticons/biggrin.png..

thats me cheapncheerful....no that mansion thankfully has never got back to me....maybe my dry scrimming on the fronts didnt look so good when the sun shone on them the next morning:eek:

Actually...it started out £80 a job but ...i checked the house price and it was only £250.000 so I felt sorry for her:rolleyes:well she is from yorkshire and they like a good price that way on...

Today I worked at the house worth 850 thousands and he said that 100 pounds for half a day seems a lot of money for him...

Last edited by a moderator:
yep you some times know how they like to keep hold of it...

and yep some of the poorer are really good payers...

but I priced at what I THINK it will take me to do the job....so ivy down and disposed of ..and scraped off with a chisel no doubt..two hours max at thirty an hour...hopefully....I WILL do it in an hour but who knows till I get started..do I want the jobs is more the question as I am a lazy bar steward and work always seems to seek me out.

bloomin pussycat one of my custys booked me again today I was rather hoping she would forget....she asked me to do inside before xmas and she smokes so I had no intention of falling for that one but she cancelled at the last minute so i escaped...

its okay really as....she let slip when she is home and when she is not and she pays for six months at a time.....hey...I may even get banana out for that one../emoticons/biggrin.png

I would have said "I was doing you a big favour as my normal rate for half a day is £250 so you got yourself a bargain":rolleyes:

Today I worked at the house worth 850 tousands and he said that 100 pounds for half a day seems a lot of money for him...

bloomin pussycat one of my custys booked me again today I was rather hoping she would forget....she asked me to do inside before xmas and she smokes so I had no intention of falling for that one but she cancelled at the last minute so i escaped...

its okay really as....she let slip when she is home and when she is not and she pays for six months at a time.....hey...I may even get banana out for that one../emoticons/biggrin.png
I wouldn't like to do a smokers inside windows, or anyone's really, is it likely you would loose customers if you said 'exterior only' though even if you used an excuse such as 'insurance reasons'?

I wouldn't like to do a smokers inside windows, or anyone's really, is it likely you would loose customers if you said 'exterior only' though even if you used an excuse such as 'insurance reasons'?
insides are ok to do . unless smoked in

Insides are easy as long as the custy knows to move everything off the sills first

No ladders just walk round and clean

Wouldn't there be a risk of accusations, things going missing, broken. Do you use a towel for drips and do it the same as outside?

I use my applicator a bit dryer than normal and wipe the sills as i go

Never been accused of anything like that

I even had one custy (moved to spain now)

With a big house which i did in and out plus conny monthly for years who would go out to the hospital to visit her dad or off to the shops and leave me to it

Her and her husband both said "you know where the kettle is dave see you in a bit"

It is all a trust thing this game

But you do yet the ones who follow you room to room making you feel awkward

I have a crb check from my old job, I did wonder if it's worth keeping current, it's now called dbs I think, criminal records check. Could be worth having with insurance docs, but as you say, it's taken on trust and I hope to get most work from recommendations

I plan to order my trad gear today so I can get cracking practicing later in the week, weather permitting

I thought I'd go for Unger ninja:

Boab

30cm applicator and 30cm squeegee

Scraper

Unger belt with clips

Unger extension handle (my windows happen to be quite high, but will measure to see if I need this)

Wilko microfibres cloths

I can remove the top off the bps and use that ladder. I'm going to try and get a 2nd ladder m8 to use with the stabiliser bar as I thunm the m8 seems good as a footer and I'm paranoid about ladder slip after hearing so many stories

If you have any modifications to my list though davey, as always, I'm happy to hear them! :)

Don't use ninja squeegee

Cumbersome and awkward

I use unger ergotec

10" or 12" is a good size to learn with

Back