Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Finally...!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

When I said fit it to to top rung when fitted properly the springs should be on the second rung down

Just rubble in that one, unblocked one of my drains, for some reason there's three drain inlets out the back, about 3kg of mud in the one. The other gutter has about a half inch of sludge mud. Strange the one stays dry and the other gets full

Yep it probably did as the ladder standoff fitted that way would have collapesd at the top otherwise. So you where very lucky indeed not to take a fall.

Maybe the brace saved me

Just goes to show how bad they get don't it. It's a mucky old job clearing gutters for sure.

Just rubble in that one, unblocked one of my drains, for some reason there's three drain inlets out the back, about 3kg of mud in the one. The other gutter has about a half inch of sludge mud. Strange the one stays dry and the other gets full

Yes that is correct but you can just move it up to the top rung if you like fitted like that which will save you having to extent the ladder so much when just clearing gutters. I only fit it lower down if I'm going to step on/of a flat roof as that way you have some ladder 3ish rungs above to grab onto.

I did have a problem getting the progutter up without knocking it off with my knee, I think maybe a rope to bring stuff up might be an idea

If you look at the spring hooks there are 2 settings. Moving the hook to the shorter setting will make the springs tighter when the hooks are over the rung.

If it's screwed on properly it won't fall off the pole. It needs to be tight anyway or it with spin about in the gutter as you try to clear it out.

I did have a problem getting the progutter up without knocking it off with my knee, I think maybe a rope to bring stuff up might be an idea

I meant it fell off the ladder, the pr gutter stayed on the end of the pole ok.

The stand off instructions said have it minimum tension required to hold spring to rung, but will experiment, maybe at lower heights ;-)

Back