Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A new record

Smurf

Took 5mins to do a camera survey and show the customer that her gutters were full and needed doing. Then gave a price and she said will have to speak to her partners first and let me know. Phones me up within 15 mins later by then I was at another quote and said "yes we would like it done". Just goes to show the power of doing a gutter survey first as I thought I had lost that one. I'm still on 100% converstion rate since getting that go pro camera and my prices are nowhere as cheap as others in my area either.

How far do you travel just to do a gutter survey? What happens when there's just a couple of leaves up there?! I never go and look at jobs first because i'm often too busy and can't justify the journey......

Love the picture of the Bedford Rascal. My father used to run a milk round along side the window cleaning and we had two Rascal pick ups and a Rascal van.

I will make an appointment to go and clear out the gutters. Give them a price there and then. If there is nothing in them I charge anyway as I could have been else where earning. I price to inspect and remove any debris found.

If a customer has made an appointment it doesn't matter how much ****'s in the gutters....it's the same price...that's in my terms! Half the jobs I do hardly need doing so going to look at a job first and taking a picture of nice clear gutters to tell them they don't really need doing is a waste of time for me......

If a customer has made an appointment it doesn't matter how much ****'s in the gutters....it's the same price...that's in my terms! Half the jobs I do hardly need doing so going to look at a job first and taking a picture of nice clear gutters to tell them they don't really need doing is a waste of time for me......
You have a point there. Mr Smurf rocks up after driving 10 miles, gets his nifty camera out and takes a pic of a clear gutter. Customer then says 'no thanks, they look clear.' Mr Smurf has wasted his time and lost a potential job. Also, if you have the camera, I would imagine the customer insisting on seeing after pics and we all know that they don't look like new unless you flush them through.

On the camera front I'm out.

I agree but.....

most people dont call for a gutter clean out until there is a jungle growing out of the downspout....

on most houses there are stretches with nowt in and stretches that are :turd:....guess which section smurfy shows em....

me I am with rascal I would just give a price and thats it...and me...I try to do it when they are out....

so a top tip from sneaky here....In the conversation I will say is there any days you are in so I can catch you....of course..I go when they say they should be out....

doesnt always work that way like most things in life..../emoticons/biggrin.png

as for money they can just pay online...

Don't worry rascal my time etc to look at a job is included in the quote. The only ones I don't get now are the ones I don't want for one reason or another like that industrial unit I posted about.

I mainly do a camera survey on a site visit for my benefit not the customers as I like to see what I letting myself in for as not all jobs are a walk in the park.

Large jobs I will travel within reason but I make sure they are worth the hassle that is reflected in the price.

I think smurf might have the moss dispensing gopro because I can't see any moss on that roof. That would explain things......

Now that’s a thought...However I would prefer to get paid to clear them not block them up

Latest Posts

Back