Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My system stops!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

Working away doing a full day of windows at the end of the day last couple of windows my system stops!! I went back to the van and the digital controller was switched off, I went to turn it back on and the digital controller faintly came on then just turned off again! I have had a new battery fitted because this started happening on my old battery so thought it was that, when I start my engine it works fine but I don't want to leave my engine running ! The battery has been tested and there's full power and fully charged. Anyone know what this could be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you have your leasure battery connected to your main battery

i had same problem my leasure battery was,int big enough got it changed hayho no problems

Yep it's connected with a split relay, but I've had exactly the same battery before for 3 years with no problem that's what I don't get it [emoji107]

i have 110 leisure battery, numax charger, extension lead from house, clip onto leisure battery fittings permanently connected to battery, charge up on a sunday, does me all week.

i had visions of bringing battery into house to charge up, but this is easy and straight forward. keep it in an insulated cardboard box covered. bungeed.

Sounds like to me @Neil the only thing that has changed is your workload and the battery is not getting enough charge just from that split charger when you are running about. I would suggest that you may need to bench charge the battery in future as I know you have taken on alot more big jobs on recently.

if theres any problems you dont have too much to figure where problem would be, coming from.

leisure battery+ controller+pump. all working togeather

@Neil, you say the battery has been tested and is fully charged. Who/where did you get that info from? Sounds like just running around is not giving it enough charge through your split relay. I have a charging system in-built in my controller, I still top the battery up by charging it a couple of times a week.

I suppose it depends on a number of factors like the amount of mileage you do to charge the battery and how much work you do surely?

My pump and controller will run from 8-3 every day, and I average 15miles a day, most times I stop I'll do 2 or 3 houses at a time. My battery has a 5 year warranty on it, so way I see if I kill it then I'll get it replaced anyway!

@Neil, you say the battery has been tested and is fully charged. Who/where did you get that info from? Sounds like just running around is not giving it enough charge through your split relay. I have a charging system in-built in my controller, I still top the battery up by charging it a couple of times a week.
Sorry guys been out today just got back, a garage tested it when the van was running to see if it's giving enough charge and when the van was off I saw it for myself that the battery is fully charged up , I never charged my battery for 3 years and it was fine, this one is less than a month old, I do some long journeys to jobs as I don't just do window cleaning , the only different thing I have done to my system is put a new 6mm hosing on my reel which I can't see that causing the problem, the garage I bought the battery from (they did the test) said they can't work out what it could be [emoji107]

Could it be the digital controller I've had it for 3 years?

This is what happens when it's working properly then after around 5 minutes the pump would stop and water would slow down the 5 seconds after it will run properly again

You have the bat warning showing intermittently which is normal and the system will shut down when it detects the battery goes below 11.30 volts.

Check your battery wiring to the controller and make sure the conections are tight.

Also If you have change to microbore did you recalibrate the controller?

Hmm I didn't smurf? I've just pulled off the hose from the di to the reel and let it run and it seems to work fine !! How do I collaborate it smurf?

This is what I've just recorded and what happens as well, I know my pump should be the other way round but it's worked fine for years lol arrrrggghh it won't let me upload it it's saying network error!!

Back