Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Zero detailing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bazzer

been wiping edge of glass after soaping up then squeegeeing absolutely zero detailing to do and takes seconds to wipe and no chance of soap trail when dry thanks to daveyboy as I think I got idea from him nice one feel more confident of a good job now

So your detailing before you squeegee rather then after.

So what's the difference. No time saved or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here.

I thought this was going to be another moerman new no detailing squegee thread for a min.

I'm waiting @daveyboy1 /emoticons/biggrin.png

yeah detailing before squeegee works better for me as I always seem to leave a soap trail when I do it after but your right no time saved at all

So how come you can get the soap off before but not after???

Sorry mate not being funny just inquisitive as always interested in new ideas.

no because it dosent matter if the cloth is a bit wet as it still takes the water from edge you can even use sill cloth as long as its not caked in shite lol

I can get it after mate but when I look back theres sometimes a faint line of dried soap doing it the other way never leaves a trace just works for me mate

yeah detailing before squeegee works better for me as I always seem to leave a soap trail when I do it after but your right no time saved at all
I've said many times on here that I don't detail at all, except for one job when I have to wash the frames. I wash the frames first then wipe round before squeegeeing as you do, but there is a danger with this, that if it is warm or windy, the glass can dry before you get to it.

been wiping edge of glass after soaping up then squeegeeing absolutely zero detailing to do and takes seconds to wipe and no chance of soap trail when dry thanks to daveyboy as I think I got idea from him nice one feel more confident of a good job now
Weren't me unless you misconstrued my comments

You always end up with water on the frames which if left tends to run back along the rubbers onto the glass so i wipe the frames once soaped up with sill cloth leaving minimal water sitting on the frame/rubber edge

I don't use excessive water on the frames like in the vid but i always wipe them with sill cloth anyway

Window Cleaning-Wet Frames & Good Blades: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcDDYqBjBEw[/media]

I've said many times on here that I don't detail at all, except for one job when I have to wash the frames. I wash the frames first then wipe round before squeegeeing as you do, but there is a danger with this, that if it is warm or windy, the glass can dry before you get to it.
But you are detailing. Your just doing it before rather then after

I tend not to detail before or after

But not everyone is this damn good..lol

:fubar:

No detailing needed!
[media]

Lump of wood screwed to a squeegee

Must be a very light dream to use bit of kit that

Maybe dogear the ends and put the wood on hinges so it can be a flipper

sorry Daveyboy must be getting mixed up mate I knew someone had said they wiped frame edge before squeegeeing glass I must say though it works a treat me being a novice lol

If it works then go for it

Or try my way or don't go right to the edge on a maintenance clean as the squeegee will push the water across the dry bit

Latest Posts

Back