Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which method is best by guttervac or by hand

Waiting to find out the trick here but I'll have a go anyway.

If I had a vac I would get up and pull out the grass in a one'er along with allthe bit of mortar that have fallen in the gulley. With that much water in the gutter I'd say the downpipe is either very blocked or the gutter wasnt installed with the right slant in the first place so I would use the gutter vac to suck out all the water. I'd then use the camera on the end on the pole to spy in the windows for milfs.

How did I do? /emoticons/biggrin.png

The young lady happens to be a a cracker so part of it was right /emoticons/biggrin.png

OK ladders would be the best bet on that one as you could not vac the corner out properly so I would use a vac up me ladder like you say once the sods have been removed,

if I could not get a thin nozzel in the gap from either side I would poke all the **** out under that tile/flashing then vac the rest of the guttering out.

Smurf i seen another thread about your berlingo van i cant find it now, what size of tank did you have in it?

I only had a 250 ltr in that one as the max payload was 600 kg, With all the other kit I carried about it was well over the max load. Oops officer! /emoticons/biggrin.png

If I was just doing windows I would have stuck a larger tank in it as 250 is not enough for an average wfp guy days work.

That's what i was trying to figure out, i have a vauxhall combo and the recommended tank is 250 ltr, i was originally thinking about going for a backpack or trolley but the backpack is only good for 20 minutes work and the trolley not much more, which isnt any good. But i was thinking 250 ltrs would maybe be ok then fill up if i need to. Ideally a bigger van would be better, but finances are tight at the moment

I got a 250 ltr second hand upright tank for about 60 squid. I also tried another wydale this time a layflat 450 tank I got from fleebay for 25 squid that I know fitted ok. The 450 layflat would have been ideal if I just wanted to set it up as a window cleaners van.

Ok cheers mate, would you recommend flat rather than an upright? I was thinking about flat for more room, yeah it would only be used for window cleaning

With a flat you have more room on top to shelve it out how you want. Mind you the new so called flat wydale takes are more like cubes than flat.

I'm really stubborn so would wrestle with the vac and fan jet until clear, possibly taking twice the time it would to do on a ladder!!!

To be honest I recon I could clear that completely from the ground with my vac, just take a little wiggling but with my camera I think it would be easy enough, done a 3 storey one just before xmas was bout three times worse, hadn't been looked at in yrs and wasn't great for the ladder with the steep yard below.... Just my opinion though..

View attachment 3676

I take it you use a camera to check what you are doing but how would you get your guttervac under that flashing as the gap is tiny?

To be honest I would struggle using ladders and doing it by hand let alone trying to clear the corner out properly from the ground. :rolleyes:

Ah, now that's a better view, that is an extreme case alright, couldn't quite see that in the other pic, I stand corrected, that would not be done with the vac!!

I have done difficult ones with the vac at times, only the rare occasion do I need to go up the ladder, I do have the camera on the pole all the time which is great, if its difficult I have a couple of different angles I can use, a 135 degree does most things and i can also use a 90 degree with a thin nozzle to go in straight from either side, works great for most problem areas, also have a 180 degree u bend that I have used a few times for downspouts, can clear them out down to the first bend most of the time.

The bends I have are just 50mm intercooler bends of ebay, not that expensive and also use silicone reducers to come down from 50-35mm with jubilee clips with the thumbscrews for easy changing. I have a range of nozzles, all home made from thin wall pipe and all off ebay!!

I thought I would catch someone out... Gotcha /emoticons/biggrin.png

Just goes to show how important a camera survey is as if that had been a 3 storey job I would have done a runner as I don't do 3 storey ladder work.

Ah, now that's a better view, that is an extreme case alright, couldn't quite see that in the other pic, I stand corrected, that would not be done with the vac!!I have done difficult ones with the vac at times, only the rare occasion do I need to go up the ladder, I do have the camera on the pole all the time which is great, if its difficult I have a couple of different angles I can use, a 135 degree does most things and i can also use a 90 degree with a thin nozzle to go in straight from either side, works great for most problem areas, also have a 180 degree u bend that I have used a few times for downspouts, can clear them out down to the first bend most of the time.

The bends I have are just 50mm intercooler bends of ebay, not that expensive and also use silicone reducers to come down from 50-35mm with jubilee clips with the thumbscrews for easy changing. I have a range of nozzles, all home made from thin wall pipe and all off ebay!!

Back