Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Accounts

P

Paul

How do you guys find the best way to keep your accounts in order over the Financial year, to make your returns easier?

I use George to keep track of customers/work done etc, and also enter in all expenses, receipts and so on.

At the end of the year print out a report, and all the data is there for me.

Last year my tax return took me 1/2 hour start to finish (Using online service)

1/2 hours well that's what I'm going to do then, is it quite easy to do I'm not to good on computers.

Yes, I could use George as the financial year just started on friday, and I want to do my return and handle my accounts better this year. I may just use george.

How much does George charge? I know a guy called joe and he is good with numbers? Lol.

I keep a good record of all in and out money. I get a lined a4 page, write the dates down the side, the month at the top, have 2 columns, 1 in, 1 out... And just fill in the details as it happens. then when it's the end of the month it is just a matter off money in - money out = profit...

How much does George charge? I know a guy called joe and he is good with numbers? Lol.

I keep a good record of all in and out money. I get a lined a4 page, write the dates down the side, the month at the top, have 2 columns, 1 in, 1 out... And just fill in the details as it happens. then when it's the end of the month it is just a matter off money in - money out = profit...
Exactly what I do. It's so simple.

Xero, it's an online accountancy software. Our account gets a password so end of year she just pulls a few figures off and the jobs done. It does automatic email invoice for regular customers, we can split the business up into the departments we need plus it does all the p & l reports when ever we need them so we can see the figures day by day etc. plus it has an app so you can do loads on the move.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fwzugv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you every in the **** and please only if you are in the **** because my mrs hates this forum because i am always on it . My wife is a accountant so i might be able to help you out if you are in the **** lol

Mark I know how you feel, she has been givin off cos Iv been glued to my phone for past 2 weeks, think she think I'm at funny business lol!!

Should get her to sign up pal maybe get her some work on here!

Back