Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory clean

I've never tried a set of those myself as I prefer to use either a conservatory roof ladder or my triple 12 bps ladder with an ankalad fitted used free standing

I've never tried a set of those myself as I prefer to use either a conservatory roof ladder or my triple 12 bps ladder with an ankalad fitted used free standing
Smurf has the pro gear and its bloody excellent equipment if doing lots of conservatories but you could still easily manage with the ladder you have m8

I would not trust those folding hinges myself but still looks a handy cheapie ladder to have if they are safe to use.

I would not trust those folding hinges myself but still looks a handy cheapie ladder to have if they are safe to use.
I've a set that stand about 6ft in step ladder mode there brilliant for going over locked gates of fences

in future might get a proper ladder at the moment this will have to do lets hope i dont go througth the roof lol
M8 don't put this on the roof at all it's to heavy, you should manage in ladder and stepladder modes to be honest

Most would do it like this still which is still ok rather than trying to rest that type of ladder on the roof..

[media]

[/media]

Most would do it like this still which is still ok rather than trying to rest that type of ladder on the roof..
[media]

Just how I'd do it, wish all my jods were as clean as that one was

You just have to make sure the ladder & standoff is set right. Best practice when working from a ladder is to use good stabiliser safety device to stop the ladder sliding backwards on slippery surfaces

When I say slippery surfaces I also mean they can be fine one min but when water splashes on them they can turn lethal. Also not all surfaces you put the ladder on to do a roof will be level so you will need to level the ladder.

What I like about the easi-deck conservatory roof ladder the main ladder section has a built in leveller stabaliser bar that you can adjust for sloping ground that as of yet I’ve never seen on any other ladder for sale.

http://easi-dec.co.uk/store/conservatory-roof-access.html

A few years back I got one from fleebay as new for £250

Last edited by a moderator:
I did one a couple of weeks ago. I used some high steps, a hose pipe and wfp. Came up really nicely and I never had to climb on the roof. I like that conservatory roof ladder kit @Smurf but I only do a dozen maybe fifteen a year.

Are you using wfp or trad on this job @marksss ?

I just edited my post and said I got as new one for £250 from fleebay:D
That sounds about right m8,I know they say you can't put a price on safety but they obviously can and it's bloody high lol

Back