Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Door knocking.

AnMadraRua

Just started knocking on doors and the response has been unbelievable, I should have done this 6 months ago. It's actually made me get out of bed in the morning because I can see a bright future for the business if it carries on like this.

So here are my 3 rules for acquiring customers.

1. Knock on doors.

2. Knock on doors.

3. KNOCK ON DOORS!!

Also whenever you get a new customer knock on the doors in that street or at least the surrounding houses

I did that monday and got 4 more in a road of about 100 houses and that was daytime with over half of them not in

Yep its not that bad is it lol, good time of year i reckon now, getting some brighter spells and sprinf is approaching, feeling rather confident myself.

Not been out this week sue to doing first cleans around my part time job, struggling to fit it all in, after next monday i have a week with no window cleans so going to canvass 2-3 hours a day and see what happens

the best way to get a round up and running is get your leaflets pen and paper go to the supermarket morrisions asda your local 1 hand them out with a smile on your face gos down a treat still wait at the exit.better then door to door

Just started knocking on doors and the response has been unbelievable, I should have done this 6 months ago. It's actually made me get out of bed in the morning because I can see a bright future for the business if it carries on like this. So here are my 3 rules for acquiring customers.

1. Knock on doors.

2. Knock on doors.

3. KNOCK ON DOORS!!
Had a few this week again ,and while doing first cleans leave at neighbours,pick up some more :)

Glad to hear it's going well

I am spending about 6 hrs tomorrow canvassing

Gonna have sore feet

Its good but it takes a certain person thats for sure.

Ive tried 3 times this week and only lasted about 20 minutes a time. Once ive knocked on 20 doors to only speak to 2 people and they have windys I soon give up. Then again I feel very self concious and nervous the entire time.

Anyone who can manage more than hour without a yes deserves all they can get. It really is a **** thing to have to do imo

Good luck to you guys and I will keep trying to get myself out there as much as poss

Adamangler you gotta stick with it pal...it will get easier.I have lived in a sales background all my life since school even I hate the rejection,but you just wipe your mouth and move onto the next door with a smile again.

This last 2 days I've got 34 new customers on just 2 estates....it took me like 4hrs each estate,but was worth it.

For the cocky b*****d who says "we already got one thanks" ....you can see the windows are filthy....I simply say in a joking way "Really? What year did he come last?" It's usually gets a laugh and I've even got a few onboard by stating the obvious....either way you can leave the door knowing you've had the result or the last word making him feel like a complete tool!

Keep on it mate it's hard I know but honestly the more you do it the easier it is.

If you tried that line on me I would probably threaten to bludgeon you to death with me baseball bat...in a joking sort of way of course. That is before telling you to **** off.

One thing I hate more than anything is cocky sales person at my door.

Oh cmon smurf,that's a bit harsh lol

As someone with a sales background what I will say is you will get a feel for the ones you can and can't get away with it with,intuition is inbuilt with sales it can be learnt.

Didn't mean to cause any offence here,just giving adamangler a bit of a lift up and put a lighter side to what he is obviously finding difficult and daunting...

I hate answering the door to a salesperson, any sales person. Once I am home I really don't want to stand listening to someone whom I never asked to call. With that in mind, I decided not to do it. That left me with a leaflet through the door option. You can put out far more leaflets in an hour than you can knock, wait for an answer, explain your reason for calling etc.

But we all know that the return for leaflets can be as low as 1%, So I made a leaflet that gave a quote for the front only of the property. On the back it said, It would cost just £ to have your front windows cleaned every six weeks'

I would write a figure next to the £ sign and push it through the door. The return for these was very much higher, with people ringing to say if the front is only £5 how much for the back and sides etc

I don't need to go out and find work now but if ever I did I would use this method again.

I was jut trying to be funny too as you will meet all sorts when out and about /emoticons/biggrin.png

Oh cmon smurf,that's a bit harsh lol
As someone with a sales background what I will say is you will get a feel for the ones you can and can't get away with it with,intuition is inbuilt with sales it can be learnt.

Didn't mean to cause any offence here,just giving adamangler a bit of a lift up and put a lighter side to what he is obviously finding difficult and daunting...

Latest Posts

Back