Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washer tick over

B

bill

I just used my rapier ptrol washer and it wont tick over on low revs it okay when lance trigger is pulled in bit when you stop washing it cuts out help

Check your return to tank valve is not stuck maybe?

Have you made any adjustment to the washer recently?

Check your return to tank valve is not stuck maybe?
Have you made any adjustment to the washer recently?
No havent changed anything ill have a look now thanks smurf

When you say tick over it will cut out if you haven't increased the revs to the working speed after starting it due to back pressure on the pump.

I start mine on min revs first with the trigger pulled so it starts up and allows the pump to start sucking water through to the lance. Once the water starts flowing consistantly out of the lance under pressure I then increase the revs to the working speed/psi I want to run and away I go.

I start mine on min revs first with the trigger pulled so it starts up and allows the pump to start sucking water through to the lance. Once the water starts flowing consistantly out of the lance under pressure I then increase the revs to the working speed/psi I want to run and away I go.
I do eactly the same but when its on low revs when i take trigger off it cuts out half revs and up its alright

Come to think of it mine does the same thing so once I have the lance/pump primed I start it again on halfish revs then wack it up heigher to 3/4 to full revs depending what I'm doing.

I alway start it with the trigger pulled in no matter what revs I have it on or type of tool on the end of the hose be it a lance or spinner.

Come to think of it mine does the same thing so once I have the lance/pump primed I start it again on halfish revs then wack it up heigher to 3/4 to full revs depending what I'm doing.
Cheers smurf

Back