Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Frank got his pole stuck

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimroot

:rofl:Frank did my gutters today, he got his vac pole end stuck in the down spout, the pole join separated out of reach and he used a broom to hook it out again and catch it :eek:

Going to make a new end tool to avoid trapping it in future as nearly got stuck between gutter and tile too:rolleyes:

There wa a chap did that on a 3 storey buiding he was clearing. He was basicaly fooked as his ladder did not raech so had to leave it like that for a few day until he got a long enough ladder to get it down. The H&S officer of the building was none to please as workers keep asking why is that sticking out the side of the building /emoticons/biggrin.png

The chap packed it in after that and sold all his kit which was franks fault after all :laugh:

You could gaffer tape the sections together to stop the coming apart I suppose. However that is not going to stop the nozzel size you use getting stuck.

You can damage clips and joints too if not careful so you need to go steady or you will be up your ladder to fix stuff frank breaks,

I'm buggered if I'm going higher than two storeys and ending up like your man, frank.

I needed to be able to work both methods just in case. Less dosh but less headache.

I'm investigating lubricants for carbon, I reckon I was too timid setting it up first time, I was worried about forcing them. But I want to be able to release them again.

As for the jam, I reckon the tool end has its limitations and a selection of smaller modified pole ends might be a solution. It will cut down on matter removed but I guess it's a fine balance between volume and efficacy. Smaller tool heads might mean less chance of damage up there too.

Including a cam survey before and after, the job was still a lot quicker than ladder.

Lol. I can clean up to 4 stories with my system. Each section has clamps on. I only clamp them if I think it going to be a tough job though.

I can also reach 4 stories but like **** will I try as some 2 stories are hard enough let alone 4 /emoticons/biggrin.png

Wouldn't like to do four stories either, what if you can't do a bit with the vac and the vid evidence reveals it?

Might be that I've got too much of franks DNA in my system, but I've so far learnt if it can go wrong, it does

Like starting any new job It's just a learning curve we all go through so don't put yourself down.

I've made loads of mistakes in my time but that's how most ppl learn. /emoticons/wink.png

It's been a massive learning curve that's for sure. Apart from a quick interior wipe, beginning of December I hadn't cleaned a single window let alone considered gutters.

I'm hoping I've made the worst errors so far, in that case they've been more massive delays rather than disaster.

Should have called myself 'take it slow and careful' gutter guy, for moderate solutions to moderate problems ;-)

I'm already known to my family as 'the snail', I think sloth might be more accurate though ;-) must be a survival trait in some scenarios afterall, if not a glamourous one

I'm not the quickest at anything I do as like to concentrate on what I'm doing especially when using ladders.

I would say in this game it helps to also have good peripheral vision and look down before you move your feet especialy when doing anykind of pole work looking up.

You know what, I think I am going to keep some spare clothes in my van :)

I did get a bit wet from my first foray into WFP, not enough to change. But enough to get frozen hands. I see the appeal of a hot water system

Back