Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help needed!

whats the going rate/ what do you charge to clean solar panels?
3 quid a panel or if the amount of panels x3 doesn't add up to much come up with a price that'll make it worth your while. Solar Steve is doing a training course in how to clean them properly and safely I believe./emoticons/smile.png

3 squid ,,,**** that as domestic can be more hassle than they are worth surely?

I'm thinking that is why steve has focused on the big stuf now where the big money is:D

I charge about £45 for a 4kw and £250 - £350 for a 50kw. I'm probably cheap.

Hi SPC, is that a ground mounted system? or roof mounted? just wondering as not really clued up on roof access etc? do you have to have a cherry picker to gain access? :confused:

would be very grateful on any advice whatsoever./emoticons/smile.png

Some massive solar farms cropping up all around along with many domestic systems, certainly a good market to target for WFP users, has anybody canvassed any of these large solar farms and if so how did you go about it ?

3 squid ,,,**** that as domestic can be more hassle than they are worth surely?I'm thinking that is why steve has focused on the big stuf now where the big money is:D
We are not focused in a particular sector. We do residentials and give them the same attention as the big stuff. Everyone lead we get gets followed up on equally.

Hi SPC, is that a ground mounted system? or roof mounted? just wondering as not really clued up on roof access etc? do you have to have a cherry picker to gain access? :confused:would be very grateful on any advice whatsoever./emoticons/smile.png
I'm not just plugging this course, we have 29 already, so it's pretty full. But it sounds like you'd benefit from coming on the next course if you really want to get into solar cleaning. We cover your questions above and problems you have not even thought of or come across yet.

Some massive solar farms cropping up all around along with many domestic systems, certainly a good market to target for WFP users, has anybody canvassed any of these large solar farms and if so how did you go about it ?
Yes, we have canvassed the solar farms. We are notified whenever a new one is put in for planning, begins construction and is completed and connected to the grid. As for success with canvassing, it is nigh on impossible to canvass for them, even for us.

We have never, ever canvassed a large-scale solar farm and got it. Save your time and effort. Trust me, it's way too complicated to do.

Yes, we have canvassed the solar farms. We are notified whenever a new one is put in for planning, begins construction and is completed and connected to the grid. As for success with canvassing, it is nigh on impossible to canvass for them, even for us.
We have never, ever canvassed a large-scale solar farm and got it. Save your time and effort. Trust me, it's way too complicated to do.
I will report back my personal outcome of it's "too complicated" when I approach a few that are local to me, I disagree it's "impossible" as somebody would be required to maintain the efficiency of them especially for large scale solar farms that want maximum sunlight on to there panels netting them maximum profits, along with keeping them in good overall condition. I would think they either clean them themselves with onsite equipment, or out source to to a contractor or a business like mine thats capable of carrying out the job at a competitive rate.

Ok @Trev81

You asked if anyone had canvassed any of these solar farms. I only gave my experience. I wonder if anyone in the country has canvassed more of these solar farms than us. Perhaps, but I doubt it.

My company has cleaned over 151,000 solar panels over the last 20 months, but what would I know? I guess you know best. /emoticons/smile.png

I'm not just plugging this course, we have 29 already, so it's pretty full. But it sounds like you'd benefit from coming on the next course if you really want to get into solar cleaning. We cover your questions above and problems you have not even thought of or come across yet.
yes you are :laugh:

Back