Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose and fittings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Paul

What hose do you guys have on tour set ups? As in from tank to pump pump to Di and so on. And also what are a good quality connectors, I only ask as I'm going to be building my own over the next few weeks. Cheers

Standard hose from tank to pump, reduced down to that hard blue plastic tubing (i dont remember the size, but think it might be 3/8") into and out of the pump, back up to standard hose which goes to and from my vessel then ends up on the side of my reel. Not sure what make the reducers are, but they are stainless steel and the end that the plastic tubing goes into, is a push in fitting. I could take pics of these fittings, but i dont know how to post them!, so if you want, pm me with a mobile number and i will send pics to your phone! (wouldnt be till tomorrow though).

I've just got standard 1/2 inch hose all the way from tank, to pump, to reel, then 6mm on my reel. Would be interested in seeing what difference this blue stuff makes that BBD is on about. What's the advantages mate?

That would be great bbd I'll pm u my mob number cheers

I could imagine the smaller tubing would push the water at a higher pressure, I would of thought anyway???

I've just got standard 1/2 inch hose all the way from tank, to pump, to reel, then 6mm on my reel. Would be interested in seeing what difference this blue stuff makes that BBD is on about. What's the advantages mate?
The blue plastic stuff goes into the push in fittings for my pump. I dont know if all pumps have this sized fitings, as i have only ever had this one. I had problems when i 1st started because the reinforced pole hose i had been using kept on bursting out of the fitting. Another windy told me about this plastic tubing specially for the job, and he gave me some spare that he had. I'm only talking about 5" or so of this stuff either side of the pump, but it has been fine ever since.

I use a 100psi shurflo pump..is that same as u? I have the screw on fittings each side of pump then jubilee clip on 1/2 hose. Never had a problem.

I use a 100psi shurflo pump..is that same as u? I have the screw on fittings each side of pump then jubilee clip on 1/2 hose. Never had a problem.
Yeah, mine is a 100psi shurflo also, but mine didnt have screw on fittings, just these push in jobs. Never even crossed my mind that you might be able to get other types of fittings?, oh well, not to worry!.

Back