Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Day rate?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diwrnach

OK not had this come up yet, but tomorrow I have to do a quote on an absolutely massive care home, it is also incredibly posh, has a grand piano in the foyer etc, I figure on my own it is likely to take maybe 2 or more full days to clean it all.

So figure it would be better to charge them on a day rate, any advice on what that should be? I want to be competitive but don't want to do it too cheap.

From my research it has in excess of 50 flats and bungalows.....

For me it would also depend on cleaning frequency aswell as day rate....if they only want it done once a year then go in higher and lower it accordingly if it was twice a year or qtrly etc...that's my two penneth worth.

Day rate is about what you want really isn't it...some ppl will work for less than others....just throwing a figure out here for 2 days I would want £300-400.

It's suprising how quick you can get through large jobs. Best person to ask @Neil for a rough idea on how long it would take as he seems to be the care home king on here /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
jealous.../emoticons/sad.png

I would see how long you reckon it takes you for one flat and multiply it and forget the time saved in moving from one to the next with no talking and no interruptions...

I advise you to tell them you cant do it and then give them my number:rolleyes:

sort of job I love...cant tell you a day rate as I probs dont ever do a day theses days....but it seems to vary from £120 to £150 but we all have different days...some have an hour for dinner etc....me once I start...i seldom stop...cause I miss my chair..

good luck you jammy ....not peeved at all.. we have a cracking care home right on the edge of the motorway here which has just doubled in size massive....my dream job...you never know one day the phone may ring.../emoticons/biggrin.png

probably about as likely as that dream about the three lesbians and me happening..relax I only got the top bits...the chubby one and her friend were hoggin down below...:rolleyes:

They want it doing quarterly, I'll tell them I will come back with a price I think instead of pricing it while there, I'll see if they don't mind me taking pictures and I'll post some up and see what you guys think.

sounds around the right price to me../emoticons/biggrin.png

but maybe add fifty for the extra water and time cause of the frequency...

but then take fifty off as it would be great to just get stuck in and no mither...dont what ever you do say yes to a cuppa tea off the old dears.....or else you may have to add a day or two:rofl:

I work roughly on £180 - £200 per day, say 9 till 3 or 4pm. So it depends on how long your days are and how easy and pleasant the job is, how local etc.

I would look at £350 most likely but hard to say without actually looking at it.

Good luck

Is it just outsides they want cleaning? If inside too, factor in conversations about total nonsense and the stench of p155.

I did a builders clean on a care home last week. One of the painters told me that they have 42 residents who pay £2500 a week! That's over £100K they bring in a week. The owner asked me for my number as he wants me to clean it every 6 months. I won't be quoting cheap as there are balconies and all sorts of obstacles. Make sure they are aware of what you are quoting to clean too and stick to that agreement if you get the job. I had the owner of the home I just cleaned trying to get me to clean other windows that I hadn't priced and agreed with the builder. Bump the price up high @Diwrnach

I assume its just the outsides, hope so I hate doing insides, especially in a care home with sills full of loads of ****, would be a nightmare.

For price bumping I did think that, as I am sure they can afford it, like I say this is a really top notch place, but at the same time there are a lot of windies about who would happily do it cheaper so wouldn't get the work?

Difficult.

I assume its just the outsides, hope so I hate doing insides, especially in a care home with sills full of loads of ****, would be a nightmare.
For price bumping I did think that, as I am sure they can afford it, like I say this is a really top notch place, but at the same time there are a lot of windies about who would happily do it cheaper so wouldn't get the work?

Difficult.
Go in middle of the road then. If you get it you get a day with pay if you don't get it someone else is doing it for peanuts. Simples.

I'll see if they don't mind me taking pictures and let you all take a look tomorrow evening /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'll see if they don't mind me taking pictures and let you all take a look tomorrow evening /emoticons/biggrin.png
Show us some pics tomorrow [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is the terms for payments? ie 60/90 days or on the day?nothing in the world narks me more than doing a job knowing that in a month and a halfs time i'll get paid,and what happened to the last windie?
My mate has been well stiffed in the past cos of this.....like giving a freebie he said as he just gets paid when it's time to visit.....bugger that

what is the terms for payments? ie 60/90 days or on the day?nothing in the world narks me more than doing a job knowing that in a month and a halfs time i'll get paid,and what happened to the last windie?
Both of these are questions I have in my diary /emoticons/smile.png

I actually jacked a very well paid contract because the fookers use to mess about paying me. Over 90 days is taking the pee so I told them straight to **** off as you do.

OK had a look round, holy **** its HUGE, it is currently done by a chap who uses TWO cherry pickers, don't ask me why I have NO idea at all. There are some really awkward patio style doors with glass covers over them, hard to put into words but you will see from the pictures, it currently takes them a whole week to do them. There are also some awkward windows above flat roofs at the front.

My initial thinking is doing all the difficult windows from a ladder and pole trad them from above if that makes sense, and the other ones get on to the flat roofs and work from there. The other option which I am leaning towards more is a movable scaffold tower, I can get these quite cheaply as a good friend of mine runs a hire firm, he also has these flat plastic interlocking square things that they use to make kinda temporary paths and roads with that diggers can drive over, I would place those down as a floor for the tower.

Ok there are a LOT of pictures......

Hmm OK need to upload them somewhere first, can't put them on directly hang on.

Back