Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Magic sand

Do you know wat the coverage Is
I think it would depend on the joint gaps. I've ordered it at the same as sand to fill the gaps plus a bit extra just in case.

I looked at the magic sand too but it looked like a JML product to me!

I think it would depend on the joint gaps. I've ordered it at the same as sand to fill the gaps plus a bit extra just in case.
I looked at the magic sand too but it looked like a JML product to me!
Jml enough said

Are we talking about normal patios here? I just use ready mixed mortar. Its reletively cheap, kiln dried, and very fine. Not had any problems so far but its better to do proper pointing if you quote for it using a brickies pointing tool..

Are we talking about normal patios here? I just use ready mixed mortar. Its reletively cheap, kiln dried, and very fine. Not had any problems so far but its better to do proper pointing if you quote for it using a brickies pointing tool..
Wot s the rate do you charge day rate or by metre

Wot s the rate do you charge day rate or by metre
I don't do enough of anything to charge by the metre, and i hate working on a day rate as I always feel under pressure.

As with all my jobs, I just look at it and think how long it will take me to do, and then just charge what I'm happy with for that time. I'll either round it up to the half day for smaller jobs, or full day for bigger jobs, that way I don't have to rush on to another job to get a days wage.

I don't do enough of anything to charge by the metre, and i hate working on a day rate as I always feel under pressure.As with all my jobs, I just look at it and think how long it will take me to do, and then just charge what I'm happy with for that time. I'll either round it up to the half day for smaller jobs, or full day for bigger jobs, that way I don't have to rush on to another job to get a days wage.
Cheers tolish

Welcome mate./emoticons/smile.png And remember, however long you think it will take you...double it. /emoticons/biggrin.png

oh i seeee the cheap ownwers over here have dont wanna pay for washin never mind repointin lol on brick driveaways 8 outta 10 dont want it resanded because it make its dirty again /emoticons/ohmy.png oh my lol

Is this just brushed over?
For block pavers I just use kiln dried sand.
Its brushed over and then it dries in. Apparently solid enough to pressure wash after and not sh*t like most brush in compounds. I'm using it next week and will report on how good it is. Its expensive mind

Back