Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting rid of ivy suckers on plastic

ptwindows

Hi,

Has anyone ever had this problem? after removing ivy from plastic frames little suckers/roots stay on the plastic?

anyone got any idea how to get them off? tried scrubbing with cream cleaner and various other chemicals?

yep I did one recently re the £60 post ..

I er ...only got the suckers off the front plastics...as hopefully she wont look around the corner...

I gave it a good soak and scraped with a steel wallpaper stripper

I suppose if you wanted a better result you would use magic sponge and cream but from the ground it looked okay..

and besides...I got my money now...

but it was time consuming . I have another custy that one day I MAY get around to reminding that I clean fascias but....I dont like the look of the ivy mess left behind:D

I did one the other week

if it's pvc soak with spray bottle of flash and water

Leave a couple of minutes

Spray again and scrape with 2 inch scraper at very shallow angle so it don't dig in the plastic and it comes straight off

Then quick scrub with magic sponge to get any remaining stains off

Did whole back fascia on a ground floor extension the other week in about 30 minutes

coarse scrubbing brush, takes effort having said that

. i read somewhere that a slice of bamboo wood is very effective at scrubbing off things like this

Last edited:
Back