Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Glass roofs

It not a self cleaning glass roof, but just out of curiosity so I know what a self cleaning glass roof look like cos I not come across one, is it blueish looking one?

Best you don't ever assume just because the glass don't look tinted that it's not self cleaning as it can be @Tuffers /emoticons/tongue.png

I always ask if it is or not and if they say no then it's down to them if frank fooks it up./emoticons/biggrin.png

I am sure the job I gonna do is not self cleaning glass but I am not gonna put anything on it other than pure water till I know 100% it not self cleaning.

Do tell me What happen to the self cleaning glass if you put on ubik 2000 smurf?

It's coated on the outside with a very thin layer of titanium dioxide so you can't really use strong chems trying to clean them

Some glass may also be aftermarket treated with something like this too.

[media]

[/media]

I am sure the job I gonna do is not self cleaning glass but I am not gonna put anything on it other than pure water till I know 100% it not self cleaning.
Do tell me What happen to the self cleaning glass if you put on ubik 2000 smurf?
You can use Ecover or similar on them.

I remembered cleaning a mate of my consevatory glass roof years ago just with pure water and it was bloody hard work.

I wasnt 100% pleased with the outcome but I was doing him a favour and did it for nothing, I must admit at the time it did put me off doing any consevatory roof work and stuck to cleaning windows only.

Was hoping after doing a bit of research ubik 2000 will make life a lot easier but knowing my luck the roof I got to clean next week is self cleaning roof:hey:

yeh I wonder how long that self cleaning orangery roof would have taken to get clean from all the black spots I found on it as I had to give it an awful lot of elbow grease and hosepipe to shift them

self cleaning my ****....well it saves toilet paper..:rofl:

Latest Posts

Back