davewindowcleaner

Glass roofs

davewindowcleaner

Which is best for glass roof, ubik 2000 or virosol.

Got a conservatory to do next week.

davewindowcleaner

It not a self cleaning glass roof, but just out of curiosity so I know what a self cleaning glass roof look like cos I not come across one, is it blueish looking one?

Tuffers
It not a self cleaning glass roof, but just out of curiosity so I know what a self cleaning glass roof look like cos I not come across one, is it blueish looking one?

Self cleaning glass has a tint.

Tuffers
No not always

Interesting, can you point us in the direction of non-tinted self cleaning glass Smurf?

davewindowcleaner

I am sure the job I gonna do is not self cleaning glass but I am not gonna put anything on it other than pure water till I know 100% it not self cleaning.

Do tell me What happen to the self cleaning glass if you put on ubik 2000 smurf?

Smurf

It's coated on the outside with a very thin layer of titanium dioxide so you can't really use strong chems trying to clean them

Tuffers
I am sure the job I gonna do is not self cleaning glass but I am not gonna put anything on it other than pure water till I know 100% it not self cleaning.

Do tell me What happen to the self cleaning glass if you put on ubik 2000 smurf?

You can use Ecover or similar on them.

davewindowcleaner

I remembered cleaning a mate of my consevatory glass roof years ago just with pure water and it was bloody hard work.

I wasnt 100% pleased with the outcome but I was doing him a favour and did it for nothing, I must admit at the time it did put me off doing any consevatory roof work and stuck to cleaning windows only.

Was hoping after doing a bit of research ubik 2000 will make life a lot easier but knowing my luck the roof I got to clean next week is self cleaning roof:hey:

davewindowcleaner

Traffic Film Remover (TFR) - Fascia Cleaning: [media]

[/media][media]
[/media]

cheapncheerful

yeh I wonder how long that self cleaning orangery roof would have taken to get clean from all the black spots I found on it as I had to give it an awful lot of elbow grease and hosepipe to shift them

self cleaning my arse....well it saves toilet paper..:rofl:

Duncs

must say I find the pure water shifts most things