Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wagtails and solar panels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Some years back a chap stopped to marvel at my skills using my Wagtail on an extension pole to clean a tall commercial block (was only poling it as couldn't be arsed to break out the ladders)

He asked could I clean solar panels they same way? I said why not, went and looked, priced it up and job was done.

It was a residential property and I did it by using my standoff on the ladder so I could get my waist above the gutter line. I recall it wasn't the easiest (by no means impossible) but I was happy and so was the customer.

Do any other trad chaps do Solar this way?

Also knowing nothing more about Solar Panels than what I see on the adverts is it OK to do them this way? I guess if you can run a WFP brush all over them a squeegee over them should be no issue?

Thoughts or suggestions welcome

The vast majority of panel manufacturers recommend panels are to be cleaned without any detergents or cleaning chemicals at all. You may be invalidating the warranty of your customers solar panels if you use your current cleaning method.

Back