Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel Cleaning Training Course To Be Held 11th July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Solar Steve

ResizeImage.aspx

Clean Solar Solutions Ltd are the UK's first and leading professional solar panel cleaning company. We have cleaned over 160,000 solar panels in less than 2 years.

After the success of the first training day we are now putting on another training day, offering you the opportunity become a Clean Solar Solutions Approved Contractor and work alongside us for the long term.

We cover such topics as:

· Health & Safety - Protecting your staff from electric shock, what to do when you find a broken panel etc.

· Legal documentation

· Buying the best products

· How to clean residential, commercial and agricultural types of arrays.

· Tips - the most efficient ways of working

· How to build solar panel cleaning as part of your current business, marketing, canvassing etc.

· Working with Clean Solar Solutions in the long term, receiving industry updates etc.

· What the future holds for the solar panel cleaning industry

· Q & A’s.

So far, our track record for cleaning solar panels goes like this:

2012 - Less than 200

2013 - 53,000

2014 - 74,000

2015 – 33,000 cleaned so far. Over 75,000 more expected.

Here are links to the types of jobs that we look to subcontract:

Agricultural-based arrays

School-based arrays

Commercial rooftop arrays

Large scale ground mount arrays

It is realised within the solar industry that many window cleaners have added solar panel cleaning to their list of services over the last 12 months. This is of great concern to the industry as a whole due to the risks involved, risks which will become more apparent as solar arrays sit on roofs, age and deteriorate.

As you may know, solar panel installers must have a number of qualifications in order to be allowed to install solar panels in the UK. Without adequate training and qualifications, it is illegal for them to install solar panels. The main reason that they need qualifications though is due to the electrical risk associated with their job.

There is electrical risk associated with solar panel cleaning because the panels are always live when we clean them. It is because of the risks associated with solar panel cleaning that we are putting on this training course. We will also discuss how you can incorporate solar panel cleaning into your business more fully.

All attendees will leave with a solar panel cleaning training certificate. While it is not going to be an ‘offically’ accredited certificate of training, it will still carry great value in a number of ways.

1. We are looking to bring uniformity in safety to what is a brand new industry in the UK. It is certainly being viewed by the solar industry as a whole as being completely different to the window cleaning industry. While it is true that some tools may be the same, techniques and safety concerns are completely different in the same way that a cabinet maker and electrician both use screwdrivers a lot, but their techniques and safety concerns are completely different.

2. Many solar panel cleaning contracts will be up for tender in your area over the coming period of time. As you know, normally they look for 3 quotes, checking the credentials of each company. Until the changes in industry regulation occur, it is likely that you will be pricing against other window cleaners. By having a certificate of training, you instantly put yourself ahead of your competition. Also, as a result of attending the training course, you will be able to speak with authority about the safety aspects of solar panel cleaning and working at height. Again, this will give you an edge against your competitors.

3. Your are sure to grow your own portfolio of solar panel cleans in your area.

Because of the value of the information that we will be sharing, we have a number of objectives that we will need our subcontractors to agree to:

1. Promote the Clean Solar Solutions brand by way of our logo and a web link from your website to ours and a vehicle decal being added to your vehicle signage. This is mutually beneficial. Our brand will gain wider exposure. Your potential clients when they are searching for a solar panel cleaner in their area will see that you are a Clean Solar Solutions Ltd Approved Contractor. Because of the reputation we hold within the solar industry, this will give you an edge over your competitors who claim to be 'fully trained';. They will not be fully trained because there is no training for solar panel cleaning available apart from our training course. You will be able to present a certificate of training, whereas they will not. If you have information flyers or packs which you present to clients, having our logo present is also mutually beneficial for the same reasons as above.

2. Wear Clean Solar Solutions branded tops on industrial/commercial/agricultural jobs. It is important that subcontractors are seen to be Clean Solar Solutions representatives when they are on one of our sites. If it is a residential job, we are reasonable. For the time it will take to do the job and because it is likely to be fitted in with your regular work, we would not expect for you to change clothing. However, on commercial scale jobs, wearing our branded clothing will be a requirement.

3. If for whatever reason you decide not to continue subcontracting for Clean Solar Solutions Ltd, we will ask you to relinquish your training certificate and you will no longer be able to represent the Clean Solar Solutions brand. This is to protect our brand from potentially unsafe or substandard work being carried out under our brand.

4. We will not train two potential subcontractors in the same area. This would be counterproductive for all parties.

The cost of attending the event for the first person is £199.00 +V.A.T. If you would be interested in bringing along more than one employee from your company, the cost for each further person is just £149.00 + V.A.T. This provides exceptional value for money considering the possibilities the solar panel cleaning industry holds. This fee will include a hot 2 course lunch, some marketing materials for you to take away, as well as certification that you have attended our course. We will look to start at 9:30a.m. and have a break in the morning, lunch and afternoon and will be finish at around 3:30pm. Spaces available are limited.

Our team will be on hand to answer your questions throughout lunch and other breaks.

You may also view this as an opportunity to network with quality cleaning companies from other parts of the UK who may be able to help you cover large contracts you may acquire in the future.

We hope that business continues to be busy for you. Please feel free to contact us and our team looks forward to hearing from you.

Clean Solar Solutions Ltd

www.solar-panel-cleaners.com

Last edited:
So you want to charge £238.80 to train subcontrators that will be working for you that you are obliged to do for free and if they don't promote your company nor work for you they have to hand back their training cert as well.

Nice try ...You must be having a ******* laugh steve :laugh:

"All attendees will leave with a solar panel cleaning training certificate. While it is not going to be an ‘offically’ accredited certificate of training, it will still put money in my back pocket leaving you with a worthless certificate which you don't own and you get to advertise my company with no cost to me"

Must think we're all zipped up the back

I just trained myself using google

Anyone want me to show them??300 quid

I'll tell you what Steve. If cleaning solar panels is so dangerous and could possibly electrocute someone that hasn't got your vast experience, then why don't you do everyone a favour and tell us how we are supposed to clean them and in the process save a life or two?

What ya reckon Steve, good idea?

Then he couldn't try and have us all over

Would you like to spend 200 quid for a bit of paper that is not accredited but apparently will get you work??

I will give you a ticket for a tenner from sunnydaves cleaning training which would mean the same

Like selling driving licences out the boot of your car but telling people they have to wear your tshirt or you'll take it back

If it was a proper qualification it would be worth it but then how could you demand it back

I would like to add just one thing YOU as a contractor Steve are responsible for the Health and safety of all your subcontractors including training regarding H&S matters. Now this might be a silly question but why are you now trying to charge them for the privilege of working for you..? :rolleyes:

The way I see it you have shot yourself in the foot big time and damaged your credibility posting that twaddle.

ResizeImage.aspx

Clean Solar Solutions Ltd are the UK's first and leading professional solar panel cleaning company. We have cleaned over 145,000 solar panels in less than 2 years. We are now offering you the opportunity to share our success by way of training and thereby becoming a Clean Solar Solutions Approved Contractor.

We will look to cover such topics as:

· Health & Safety - Protecting your staff from electric shock, what to do when you find a broken panel etc.

· Legal documentation

· Buying the best products

· How to clean residential, commercial and agricultural types of arrays.

· Tips - the most efficient ways of working

· How to build solar panel cleaning as part of your current business, marketing, canvassing etc.

· Working with Clean Solar Solutions in the long term, receiving industry updates etc.

· What the future holds for the solar panel cleaning industry

· Q & A’s.

So far, our track record for cleaning solar panels goes like this:

2012 - Less than 200

2013 - 53,000

2014 - 74,000

2015 – 21,000 cleaned so far. Over 125,000 more expected.

Here are links to the types of jobs that we look to subcontract:

Agricultural-based arrays

School-based arrays

Commercial rooftop arrays

Large scale ground mount arrays

It is realised within the solar industry that many window cleaners have added solar panel cleaning to their list of services over the last 12 months. This is of great concern to the industry as a whole due to the risks involved, risks which will become more apparent as solar arrays sit on roofs, age and deteriorate.

As you may know, solar panel installers must have a number of qualifications in order to be allowed to install solar panels in the UK. Without adequate training and qualifications, it is illegal for them to install solar panels. The main reason that they need qualifications though is due to the electrical risk associated with their job.

There is electrical risk associated with solar panel cleaning because the panels are always live when we clean them. It is because of the risks associated with solar panel cleaning that we are putting on this training course. We will also discuss how you can incorporate solar panel cleaning into your business more fully.

All attendees will leave with a solar panel cleaning training certificate. While it is not going to be an ‘offically’ accredited certificate of training, it will still carry great value in a number of ways.

1. We are looking to bring uniformity in safety to what is a brand new industry in the UK. It is certainly being viewed by the solar industry as a whole as being completely different to the window cleaning industry. While it is true that some tools may be the same, techniques and safety concerns are completely different in the same way that a cabinet maker and electrician both use screwdrivers a lot, but their techniques and safety concerns are completely different.

2. Many solar panel cleaning contracts will be up for tender in your area over the coming period of time. As you know, normally they look for 3 quotes, checking the credentials of each company. Until the changes in industry regulation occur, it is likely that you will be pricing against other window cleaners. By having a certificate of training, you instantly put yourself ahead of your competition. Also, as a result of attending the training course, you will be able to speak with authority about the safety aspects of solar panel cleaning and working at height. Again, this will give you an edge against your competitors.

Because of the value of the information that we will be sharing, we have a number of objectives that we will need our subcontractors to agree to:

1. Promote the Clean Solar Solutions brand by way of our logo and a web link from your website to ours and a vehicle decal being added to your vehicle signage. This is mutually beneficial. Our brand will gain wider exposure. Your potential clients when they are searching for a solar panel cleaner in their area will see that you are a Clean Solar Solutions Ltd Approved Contractor. Because of the reputation we hold within the solar industry, this will give you an edge over your competitors who claim to be 'fully trained';. They will not be fully trained because there is no training for solar panel cleaning available apart from our training course. You will be able to present a certificate of training, whereas they will not. If you have information flyers or packs which you present to clients, having our logo present is also mutually beneficial for the same reasons as above.

2. Wear Clean Solar Solutions branded tops on industrial/commercial/agricultural jobs. It is important that subcontractors are seen to be Clean Solar Solutions representatives when they are on one of our sites. If it is a residential job, we are reasonable. For the time it will take to do the job and because it is likely to be fitted in with your regular work, we would not expect for you to change clothing. However, on commercial scale jobs, wearing our branded clothing will be a requirement.

3. If for whatever reason you decide not to continue subcontracting for Clean Solar Solutions Ltd, we will ask you to relinquish your training certificate and you will no longer be able to represent the Clean Solar Solutions brand. This is to protect our brand from potentially unsafe or substandard work being carried out under our brand.

4. We will not train two potential subcontractors in the same area. This would be counterproductive for all parties.

The cost of attending the event for the first person is £199.00 +V.A.T. If you would be interested in bringing along more than one employee from your company, the cost for each further person is just £99.00 + V.A.T. This provides exceptional value for money considering the possibilities the solar panel cleaning industry holds. This fee will include a hot 2 course lunch, some marketing materials for you to take away, as well as certification that you have attended our course. We will look to start at 9:30a.m. and have a break in the morning, lunch and afternoon and will be finish at around 3:30pm. Spaces available are limited.

Our team will be on hand to answer your questions throughout lunch and other breaks.

You may also view this as an opportunity to network with quality cleaning companies from other parts of the UK who may be able to help you cover large contracts you may acquire in the future.

We hope that business continues to be busy for you. Please feel free to contact us and our team looks forward to hearing from you.

Clean Solar Solutions Ltd

www.solar-panel-cleaners.com

That is the law as i understand it smurf and i have subcontracted off companies in the past

They were responsible for training me to do the job they wanted

Although it was only window cleaning i still had to go out with one of their guys to show i was competent

Oh great, another windie that has decided that instead of cleaning windows hes going to try and make money out of other window cleaners instead. In this case offering mickey mouse courses.

Considering you are trying to make money from this post I'm wondering whether you've contributed to the forum and paid Gav any money for advertising here? I cant see you on the side banners or the discount page? With all that success I would have thought you had enough to pay your dues. :rolleyes:

I've spoke to Soo many solar companies one of my mates is a manger of a solar company in my area and he said If your that worried about getting an electric shock turn them off before you clean them but there is the very smallest chance this could ever happen ! I've been cleaning them for a while now and I've managed to worm my way in a load of solar panels on a farm hopefully I get the contract as there are ******* loads I don't need no training, thanks anyway Steve [emoji38] [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll tell you what Steve. If cleaning solar panels is so dangerous and could possibly electrocute someone that hasn't got your vast experience, then why don't you do everyone a favour and tell us how we are supposed to clean them and in the process save a life or two?
What ya reckon Steve, good idea?
Lol. That'll be because they are not actually dangerous. They are sealed units that are designed to be out in the elements getting rained on. Stay away from the gubbins at the back and just clean the bit you are supposed to clean.

I thought free advertising 3was stopped on here and every time the word solar is mentioned up pops solar steve.got all his knowledge off every one else and gives nothing back for free. only see him on here when he tells every one else not to touch solar pannels and when he thinks he can make money. Ban him iv seen people booted off for less

Oh great, another windie that has decided that instead of cleaning windows hes going to try and make money out of other window cleaners instead. In this case offering mickey mouse courses.
Considering you are trying to make money from this post I'm wondering whether you've contributed to the forum and paid Gav any money for advertising here? I cant see you on the side banners or the discount page? With all that success I would have thought you had enough to pay your dues. :rolleyes:
This topic has been 'pinned', so maybe he has paid to advertise?

Hi Guys, I removed a thread from Solar Steve yesterday for advertising without authority. Gav has advised me that Solar Steve has since paid for advertising.

He can advertise but i can't see anyone gullible enough to buy

OK guys were all entitled to our opinions. Yes Steve has paid for advertising. This was instead of posting adverts without being allowed. If you don't believe in the need then no prob but let's not turn it into a bashing fest.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Window Cleaning Forums

Electrician by trade, and a friend of mine installs these, neither of us think there is any possibility of getting shocked off a solar panel, I am not sure where the massive danger is to warrant a course?

I mean by all means do tell me what can potentially happen to cause injury to warrant paying a lot of money to be a subcontractor for you, sorry I mean do your coarse.

I have nothing against anyone but when someone is charging you to then in effect be working for them when he should be training them for free to work for him i start to get a bit narked..paid advertising or not that is my opinion and then to say if you stop working for me i will take back the certificate you have paid for seems to me to actually be illegal

Basic scaremongering in an attempt to make noobs scared enough to pay for this mickey mouse course,as well as putting doubt into solar farm managers minds, all in a bid to line your pockets.

That'll be because they are working with exposed wires and making potentially fatal connections.

There is electrical risk associated with solar panel cleaning because the panels are always live when we clean them. It is because of the risks associated with solar panel cleaning that we are putting on this training course.
Next month I intend to put on a course for house cleaners that want to clean and dust televisions. Just £200. If you are cleaning TVs in a residential setting then you don't need to wear my branded t shirt, but if you want to go and clean TVs in Currys then you will have to wear my uniform and put a sticker on your van.

Laughable.

We will also discuss how you can incorporate solar panel cleaning into your business more fully.All attendees will leave with a solar panel cleaning training certificate. While it is not going to be an ‘offically’ accredited certificate of training, it will still carry great value in a number of ways.
In other words its worth NOTHING. And if an operator showed it in a court of law after an accident, they will not be backed up by you in the slightest.

"erm, your honour...Steve made this certificate for me that says I know what I'm doing"

An on site safety induction like the ones on a construction site will achieve the same result and should be a requirement anyway, only problem is....you won't make money from that.

2. Many solar panel cleaning contracts will be up for tender in your area over the coming period of time. As you know, normally they look for 3 quotes, checking the credentials of each company. Until the changes in industry regulation occur, it is likely that you will be pricing against other window cleaners.
Wow, this is great! So,what's going to set me apart I wonder??....

By having a certificate of training,.....
Coool!!! /emoticons/smile.png

...is it accredited?

it is not going to be an ‘offically’ accredited certificate of training,
Booo..:thumbsdown:

you instantly put yourself ahead of your competition.
I doubt it.:thumbsdown:

Also, as a result of attending the training course, you will be able to speak with authority about the safety aspects of solar panel cleaning and working at height. Again, this will give you an edge against your competitors.
See above.

What guarentees are you offering for this. Would I get my course fee back if I don't?

This'll be interesting...

1. Promote the Clean Solar Solutions brand by way of our logo and a web link from your website to ours and a vehicle decal being added to your vehicle signage. This is mutually beneficial.
Really? ...because it seems to me like I'm getting my pants pulled down, and devaluing my own brand in the process.

Our brand will gain wider exposure. Your potential clients when they are searching for a solar panel cleaner in their area will see that you are a Clean Solar Solutions Ltd Approved Contractor. Because of the reputation we hold within the solar industry, this will give you an edge over your competitors who claim to be 'fully trained';. They will not be fully trained because there is no training for solar panel cleaning available apart from our training course.
Thats great! So who trained you? ...and are you accredited?

:rolleyes:

You will be able to present a certificate of training, whereas they will not. If you have information flyers or packs which you present to clients, having our logo present is also mutually beneficial for the same reasons as above.
"Hi Mr solar farm manager, Steve printed this certificate for me on his home computor.."

So wait, I've paid for this 'course', and now I have to represent YOUR brand, instead of my own. ...What happened to the whole "mutually beneficial" stuff.

...other wise I would lose all accreditation. Wait, what?

When people see through this pile of :turd:, I doubt that'll bean issue.

The cost of attending the event for the first person is £199.00 +V.A.T. If you would be interested in bringing along more than one employee from your company, the cost for each further person is just £99.00 + V.A.T
. This provides exceptional value for money considering the possibilities the solar panel cleaning industry holds. This fee will include a hot 2 course lunch, some marketing materials for you to take away, as well as certification that you have attended our course. We will look to start at 9:30a.m. and have a break in the morning, lunch and afternoon and will be finish at around 3:30pm.
240 notes for a course that starts late and finishes early, way to give value for money.

Spaces available are limited.

I doubt this very much. :rolleyes:

"I should hope so for what I'm paying".

OR: "You may view this asan opportunity to network with other gullible window cleaners that also lightened their wallets by falling for this drivel".

It would be a lot busier if I just put my £240 towards some proper advertising instead me thinks./emoticons/wink.png

...so about that accreditation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back