Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Yes sir, no sir, three bags full of p**s off sir!

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Well it's funny how life's twists and turns shape a business and make you reconsider your priorities in life.

Today my number two man decided he was leaving to move back closer to family and friends.

This allows me to re-evaluate how to manage the business. Originally it was supposed to be a lifestyle business not all about the money, more about the bills being covered and having time to enjoy life.

Well due to being rather good at what we do we have a reputation, and a good one at that so we end up with over 600 customers. Well that's too much like real work for me these days.

I look forward to tomorrow with baited breath as all those customers that have been a pain or agro in the past will be gone. All those, 'sorry mate, got no cash on me, can I pay double next month?'...........reply.....'You cant afford to pay this month, why would I believe your gonna have money to pay me net month?' Well those wankers will be axed.

All those 'Oh it's not convenient today, can you come another day?' ...........reply............'NO you are an inconvenience'

The cull begins tomorrow good by to all wankers and I can think of almost 20 straight of the bat that will have to go. At least 40 that will have to go onto direct debit as I am sick of chasing money from them, and probably another 20 that will be told to sort themselves out (leave the gate unlocked!) or get another window cleaner.

This will be fun.

Ahh the joys!

I'm looking forward to be able to get that stage. If I did that I'd prob only have the mother in laws to clean....... Not tht she pays anyway :-D

be sure to block their numbers on your phone too , you dont want any of them clinging onto your ankles

Great post mate but..

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about playing a 2 month strategy here....

1st month that they are due- don't turn up. They probably won't notice butin two months time they will start to see them getting dirty so they'll be a bit more desperate for you.

Send a note or better stillmakeacall to say you are 'retiring' but you will be doing them the favour of passing them on to another window cleaner.

...sell them as a round and pass them on to someone else.

And no its not wrong, since they will call some unsuspecting cleaner in a few months time, so you might as well be the one that gets the money for it.

You're welcome fella, I'm here all week.:thumbsup:

That is exactly what some do in this game is to try selling off all their shite work to gullible new window cleaners. Shame on them /emoticons/biggrin.png

NO NO NO TOLISH!! I have a good rep with other windiess around here, they pass on work they can t manage and recommend me when called from my 'turf' by punters.

I wouldn't 'sell' it to anyone but I would pass it on in the right circumstance to someone wanting to take a gamble in the right circumstance.

I will of course wait a couple of months for them to call up then I will have 'words'.

Those that decide to treat me with common decency and a touch of respect can stay on the book. those that dont can Foxtrot Oscar as the phonetic alphabet says.

NO NO NO TOLISH!! I have a good rep with other windiess around here, they pass on work they can t manage and recommend me when called from my 'turf' by punters.
I wouldn't 'sell' it to anyone but I would pass it on in the right circumstance to someone wanting to take a gamble in the right circumstance.

I will of course wait a couple of months for them to call up then I will have 'words'.

Those that decide to treat me with common decency and a touch of respect can stay on the book. those that dont can Foxtrot Oscar as the phonetic alphabet says.
Fair enough mate, thats very honourable of you.

I wouldn't block their number, I will even answer their call, explain to them why I'm not going to provide a service to them any more (cause they're not worthy)

When you tell them honestly, without resentment or sarcasm or shouting about it, you'd be amazed at how many do have a 'light bulb' moment and become very apologetic and do actually sort their s**t out.

We are after all in a customer service industry, getting the customers to begin with can be hard enough and sometimes just giving them an explanation as to why you have grievance with them can be enough to clear the air and get them straight.

when someone has been total tool

just love pulling that red card out the top pocket

then watch there torn face drop , always get your cash first

when someone has been total tooljust love pulling that red card out the top pocket

then watch there torn face drop , always get your cash first
I've got two on the hit list,and I'm going to enjoy it so much.

I m a coward...I own up...I will just be :hiding:

I wish I could be more in charge but people always phone up when I am busy and I just say oh yes ...and then think what did I just say yes too? and how do I get out of it...

I do have an other very similar...due to ring up soon...I did say to her it wasnt on my patch as its twenty minutes away but she was most insistent but far too slow to pay....if I work I want ma money..

You could always sell the round on and be honest about the customers? These 20 are awful, but these 20 are okay but need a push etc? Up to the other chap to then decide whether it's worth it? People can change /emoticons/smile.png

I still dont get how anybody can sell a round when all it is they are selling is good will. If customers don't like you for whatever reason they can tell you to **** off. They also decide who they want to clean their windows not the other way around surely?

I guess it's more selling the 'leads' @Smurf? I.e. selling the opportunity to pitch to customers who you know already want their windows cleaned? Contact details, addresses etc? You guys obviously know better than me, but that was my impression? /emoticons/smile.png

Good point, though!

I m a coward...I own up...I will just be :hiding:
I wish I could be more in charge but people always phone up when I am busy and I just say oh yes ...and then think what did I just say yes too? and how do I get out of it...

I do have an other very similar...due to ring up soon...I did say to her it wasnt on my patch as its twenty minutes away but she was most insistent but far too slow to pay....if I work I want ma money..
ha, i do this. i even change custies names to "dont answer this tool" or suchlike if i dont want to speak to rather than being mature and upfront.

ahh thanks for that tip cause if I cant work out how to ban the number doing the dont answer I can do ...

just a coward me too soft you see...always say yes even though I mean **** off.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I nearly just put the phone down on a 10 year customer tonight. She's :eek:ldy: and said can you leave them until another day as I'm going to the dentist and he said I must have a quiet day. Oh right said I, what are they doing to your teeth? A scale and polish she says :eek:. Plus she wanted me to fix some guttering and clean some inside windows this time when I spoke to her a week or so ago. Strike 1 /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back