Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Call yourself a window cleaner?

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I am simply a curious man, not looking to start a fist fight here but how many of you consider yourself a professional window cleaner.

I aim this at WFP users.

Here's the criteria - can you use a squeegee and applicator - I mean to a level of skill and satisfaction where when the evil midget pixie dwarf army of Windowswontgetcleanedhere land nick all your gear can you still simply grab your tool belt and fulfill your duties to your clients?

Or can you only shake a broom with a hosepipe attached? (as my old ladies call it) /emoticons/tongue.png

Remember, this is nothing more than a curiosity, not intended to belittle anyone, just interested in how you consider yourself.

Dictionary explains - PROFESSIONAL as 'someone that get's paid to carry out duties' as opposed to an AMATEUR that does not get paid.

So as long as you're getting paid, you are a professional, but can you squeegee?

In a word....... yes.

I am proud to call myself a professional and can use a squeegee to a high standard. Started in 1988. Went to WFP 2011 and still use squeegees for interior work on some of my larger properties.

a proper windy can use anything to get clean windows...

including his hanky..

.well I cba to go back and get my boot open.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I hardly ever blow my bloomin nose on it...it is after all a small too small to use microfibre.

I don't class myself as a professional more like a very old pro...well fooked /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yep. Started off doing insides only on London hotels while the abseil boys did the outs. Making a mess was NOT an option! I'm mainly wfp now but I pick up a good bit of inside work simply because many can't do it.

I pride myself on my abilities with squeegees and trad poles as i have done it since 1991

Even the "impossible" windows that other trad guys say can't be done

Ladder pole and swiveloc squeegees both 0° and 30° means they are not impossible

Did one above a canopy/marquee type thing the other day by leaning my ladders against the outside of the garden wall and doing it from the side by using pole and swiveloc

No probs as I've also found too using a tablet/phone can be a pain in the **** with those little buttons being so close:thumbsup:

Sorry smurf..fat thumbs againMeant to be a funny

Although mainly a WFP user - we still do need to do traditional as well, at some stage you will always need to pick up the old tools.

Yes ...started trad. Really liked it:thumbsup:. Nearly come a cropper , went wfp tops, really like it ,now wfp all windows I can get away with :whistle::whistle: still trad some houses .....(ladder aswell )?

With the problems that can arise with wfp equipment being temperamental it is wise to have a backup plan

Squeegees don't tend to break down

Been window cleaning for 14 years now started trad and got into water fed pole when I was working for a few company's at 23 years old. Then went off on my own and I would say I do a great job , not being big headed [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya think you can escape the force dont you luke er daveyboy but the force is strong....

neil from the jobs I have seen of yours...you is a proper good windy:D

I be getting high off watching channel four..:whistle:

Neil's good at making home movies aswell :rofl::rofl:. It's was a cracker /emoticons/biggrin.png:D
Lol[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting question.

Can you use a shammy leather? Does that make you even more professional if you can and less professional if you can't.

If my trad skills aren't as good as what they were due to arthritis in my joints, does that make me less professional than previously?

If I was still trad and never learnt wfp, does that make me less professional?

I asked the wife as she knows everything, /emoticons/wink.png and she says its your work ethic in the chosen field you operate in that labels you professional or unprofessional. In other words, just because you never learnt to use a squeegee doesn't make you unprofessional. It the quality of the finished product that determines professionalism or not.

If you only use the pole and you don't do a good job, then you are unprofessional.

Not sure I entirely agree with that dictonary definition of professional @Green. It may apply to sport but not to providing services such as ours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can do both. No time for WFP'ers who can't trad. I saw one the other day doing an internal with an Unger microfibre pad. Sheesh, get a mop and blade ya cowboy!

Back