Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

rinse on glass

Hi bill, it's when you keep the brush on the glass whilst you are rinsing . I use a good flow ,, i rinse a 1/3 of the window like that then lift off to make sure there is no **** left .... I use a tecbuk , no pressure on the glass . Let the brush keep its shape . Hope this helps

Hi bill, it's when you keep the brush on the glass whilst you are rinsing . I use a good flow ,, i rinse a 1/3 of the window like that then lift off to make sure there is no **** left .... I use a tecbuk , no pressure on the glass . Let the brush keep its shape . Hope this helps
Thanks natty very helpful

I tend to rinse off the glass at about 25ft and under. Over about 25ft, I use one of two 'rinsing-on' methods:

1. Partial rinsing on the glass - tilting the brush on to one side of the bristles, rinse strips of the window across the glass supporting the weight of the pole on one edge of the brush bristles. Great for working at height where the glass needs a really good rinse, such as with heavy salt deposits.

2. Full rinse on the glass - Working in about 2ft wide strips down the window, fully scrub the window. Then starting at the top, move the brush back and forth across the glass in the 2ft wide strip building a little head of water and then rapidly slide the brush down the glass in a slight zig-zag pattern allowing the head of water to follow the brush down the pane of glass. This way the last thing to touch each area of glass is the water not the bristles. Once the brush is at the bottom move it across at the bottom to the next strip of the glass slide it up to the top and start again.

It is worth bearing in mind that rinsing on the glass is very difficult to achieve with a fully flocked or a full natural bristle brush.

I tend to rinse off the glass at about 25ft and under. Over about 25ft, I use one of two 'rinsing-on' methods:
1. Partial rinsing on the glass - tilting the brush on to one side of the bristles, rinse strips of the window across the glass supporting the weight of the pole on one edge of the brush bristles. Great for working at height where the glass needs a really good rinse, such as with heavy salt deposits.

2. Full rinse on the glass - Working in about 2ft wide strips down the window, fully scrub the window. Then starting at the top, move the brush back and forth across the glass in the 2ft wide strip building a little head of water and then rapidly slide the brush down the glass in a slight zig-zag pattern allowing the head of water to follow the brush down the pane of glass. This way the last thing to touch each area of glass is the water not the bristles. Once the brush is at the bottom move it across at the bottom to the next strip of the glass slide it up to the top and start again.

It is worth bearing in mind that rinsing on the glass is very difficult to achieve with a fully flocked or a full natural bristle brush.
Cheers alex very helpful

Look at this video Alex did on window cleaning techniques.

He deals with rinsing on the glass at 2.15

[media]

[/media]

Look at this video Alex did on window cleaning techniques.
He deals with rinsing on the glass at 2.15

[media]

Cheers spruce its easier when you see it like that

Back