Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

insides

joe34

It's probably been talked over many times but how much do you charge to clean inside Window's?

I've got to stick to a rate for everyone as I pretty much make it up as I go along ranging from what I'd charge for the outsides to a clean and a half to double.

Would just like to know what the majority of window cleaners do? Thing is if you've got a 25 quid house it's pretty expensive if your charging double 25 for outsiders and 50 for internals,75 quid

If it's 25 for out I normally say 25 for in maybe 30 depends how I feel on the day, but I get the custys to take all the **** off the window sills [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double or quits ;-)

Twice the outside price would seem reasonable to me

Last edited by a moderator:
I charge the same for inside as outside, unless it's lots of small glass panes and agreed try to get the window sills emptied. /emoticons/smile.png.

It's more than reasonable as usually takes longer to do insides.

Same price for the insides , might take a little longer cleaning insides but it keeps the custie happy AND never refuse a cup of tea.. Nearly forgot I always take my shoes off , even when there say " don't"

Even for the houses you wipe your shoes On the way out /emoticons/biggrin.png

I had a £12 clean ask me to do insides too. She said 'how much for the insides?' I said half as much again as the outsides (meaning £18 for inside). When finished she tried to give me £6! I mean friggin 6 quid ffs. Last time round she said 'has it been a month already?' Yep, 4 weeks said I. 'Oh, I think I'll leave them this time as I can't afford it this time.' Ok said I, I'll knock them on the head for good. It was a nice handy one to do as it was in a cul-de-sac next to a load of others I do, but **** her.

I just did a full outide pvc fascia gutter frames and glass this morning for someone who just moved in 4 bed detached

Then she asked can i do the insides as all the rest is done..won't tell you what i charged for the whole job but she fed me donuts and coffee so i said just give me a tenner for the insides

Was selling myself short but her daughter has now contacted me and asked for a quote for her townhouse amd i got the job so i would call that karma

Plus her windows are quite clean as she wants to bin her wfp guy who is the one i keep getting work from as he is shocking

...if any of mine asked for insides it would be double ....some of them have never been done from one year to next....and I certainly don't volunteer insides as they are a pain still do some but double bubble

I don't find them hard at all

Give a good scrub with applicator and it is the same as doing outsides except don't need to scrub sills

dont do so many these days but when I was younger had loads..and the answer is..it depends...

if they are only done every blue moon ya have to add some extra on...for me it wasnt much...but defo extra..

however if like a lot they were done every time well you have to charge the same as the outsides...as everytime is easy peasy..

I do remember one...whom I had better not name...she was great..and to be honest...wait for it..she used to clean the house...because the cleaner was coming....and she didnt want it to be messy...

but...she had one room...cheapie :turd::turd::turd: time....loads antiques all over...but you know its there you know you have to be careful so you are...I never liked that room though...

okay...only once...I reached behind the tv to remove a vase and it jumped up into the air did a triple somersault and was good enough to land in cheapies hands....boy that was a good save...

I used to do two georgian mansions in and out lovely jubbley but you get used to it...

I have already owned up on here to standing on the antique chair and going straight through it...and then realising that the young daughter was in bed ....as she woke up wondering what the noise was and of course cheapie carried on in total innocence....not looking at the caved in chair at all...he later sneaked it out to replace it with a matching one he found in the loft where he never went to clean....

so the one in the loft must have just died of boredom..

I blame the bats...

and of course there was the plate that fell of the plate stand but antiquey type plates always look better with a few cracks and missing bits and she had three girls any one of them I blame..but defo not cheapie..

yeh me not like insides.....

but then again..

I mean if its **** ing down or cold

and the kettles on and biccys out.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I have one now for £30 which is a current fav job...but the insides look ropey..

sorry but the cost of the insurance for insides is really bad..well except for a class...whom are really good value...

so I reckon £50 if she asks Im all ready...

soz but really I wfp a third of it and that aint happen inside...

With flash/asda fake ecover i find insides easy as pretty much all the greasy type marks you get inside just come straight off

I like insides as it's easy work but i insist on the sills being cleared first

yep all mine now seem to have pretty clear sills but I do tell them to pull up blinds as they are so funny...blinds..

just recently...custy pulls the blind blind falls down raw plug too small...ooops...

I went in one house once and every blind fell to pieces as I opened it...

but ..it did have a very fit au pair...ohhhh the olden times...its all coming back to me now..

ITS of course just great when cheapie has his thermals on two pairs of jogging bottoms and two sweat shirts and a coat and hat and gloves and some old dear says canyoujuster clean my kitchen window as I cant reach it...

and its ninety eight degrees inside..

..hmmm betty swallocks time.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I don't find them hard at allGive a good scrub with applicator and it is the same as doing outsides except don't need to scrub sills
Did one today, minging kitchen window with fat and grease all over it :sick:. I think she cooks too many goat curries :think:

I knocked a big indoor plant over once, soil all over the carpet. The woman who was very posh heard the noise came in the room and said 'ooooh'. She didn't invite me in ever again :eek:

yeh me own up to a few plant pot knock overs...inside as well as outside...and boy dont that compost go everywhere..

its funny sometimes how your life hangs so much in the balance...

that was a great job that£60 er I mentioned on here but..if the concrete sun dial had smashed into pieces...:eek:

I carefully lift things off the window sill and put them on the bed etc and of course as I clean the outside I love to see them still there in safety...

but then some insides I used to love....but ...thats for the book you understand...:rolleyes:

its okay my hebe cutting I took today is now in the porch and looking lovely...

hebe is very pretty but very fragile at this time of year....but it takes great as cuttings..

well it was mr roome who said I like to check my hebe every day from the porch as I leave and today it seems to be a bit smaller....:rolleyes:

ahhh me likes mr roome....off there tomorrow and hebe is getting big now...and one of the advantages I explained to him about my new fangled way of cleaning his windows is...

I dont have to get too close to the window.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Did one today, minging kitchen window with fat and grease all over it :sick:. I think she cooks too many goat curries :think:
Can't beat a good curry goat with rice n peas

tbh it dont really matter what meat it is.....it tastes lovely...mind you I do have to say it was er..very er..windy over the weekend...

its okay tonight its meat an tata pie....wifey already put it in the oven all cheapie has to do is put in some beans and switch the oven on...me likes my wife sometimes...

well its just sometimes...she well ..she wants to talk..and its always when I want to watch the tele and its always about something really not worth talking about but then thats wifes for you...

its okay as it was mot time I stayed local and had to talk to every single neighbour....yabba yabba as boar would say..

and her next door didnt keep me long as she has been at deaths door all winter ....and she can spot a soft neighbour like me...canyoujuster...nip up your ladder and silicon above the door..er...yep of course ...on the 12th of never....

and today...she said...oh I will have to get the wd 40 out as the water is leaking onto the lock and I cant get in...

sorry cheapie is busy trying to dodge his phone call on monday..

Latest Posts

Back