Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slippy

Got quite a big house, four sides of house's guttering, how much?

slippy

Got a reasonably sized house four sides of guttering need cleaning and fascias and soffits. How much? It is a two storey house. In Bournemouth.

Calvin

Difficult without seeing..def minimum of £20 a side tho so £80. I'd prob say £100 for that tho. Are u tradding it or wfp?

Dave B

You should work out what you would be happy with for the amount of time it takes and charge that

eg. A 4 hour job needs to pay at least what 4 hours on the glass would

All my family are on the south coast and they can afford a decent price round that way..

Tuffers
Don't ask me as I get shot down by Tuffers all the time

what do you call reasonable size could end up being a mansion can't it cheapncheerful

The cheek of it :mad:

A rule of thumb, well my thumb. £1 per bracket to bracket on a gutter, so if it's S/F/G then £3 bracket to bracket on the gutter, plus a bit more if the price doesn't add up to a fair whack :)

cheapncheerful

I start at a £1 per metre as tuffers said bracket to bracket and thats for black gutters and white fascia soffit up another pound for white gutter..and up another if we spy them dreaded vents..or do a runner..

yeh and as tuffers said...I not very good at measuring...so you have to add a bit...:D

Dave B

I started a full f s g job at 10 this morning trad on a 4 bed detached and was finished about 1300

Easily more than half a days pay for it

Closer to 3/4 days pay for 3 hours work

Tuffers

Have you thought about buying a backpack @daveyboy1, filling it with tap water and using a pole and chems. Don't know if you've done any with a conny in the way, but it makes life easier :thumbsup:

Jimroot

Wouldn't £1 per metre be hardly anything? I prefer daveys method, guess the amount of time/earning required, add a bit on incase.

For above example I'd prob say £120 - £150

Dave B
Have you thought about buying a backpack @daveyboy1, filling it with tap water and using a pole and chems. Don't know if you've done any with a conny in the way, but it makes life easier :thumbsup:

I keep meaning to get a backpack and was going to before end of Jan but i keep getting sidetracked

Tuffers
Wouldn't £1 per metre be hardly anything?

No, not really when you can fly round with a WFP. Not many houses have just a soffit, a fascia or gutter to clean. It's usually a minimum of 2 of them. My house is a normal 3 bed with 10 gutter brackets at the front. It would take me 20 minutes to do an S/F/G on it and I would earn £30 by my way of quoting.

Not a bad add on service me thinks.

cheapncheerful

yah scared of the force daveyboy..:D

thats all me wanted a price to give ...it makes it easier..but dont forget the smurf tax..

Rascal

I did a bit of fascia cleaning today. It was a bit of a favor for family selling a house. Looked rubbish after using wfp, looked better but I was no way happy with it. Good job it was a favor not a proper job!!

I get such hit and miss results with this kind of work I find it impossible to quote accurately.....definitely my least favorite job to do!!!!

Jimroot

I was going on the fact my house is around 4.5m wide, so to clear the gutters would be £4.50 a side. I think I mis-interpreted the question, I thought it was gutter clear, plus scrubbing the plastics :-(

I did one weekend.as you describe tuffers, and charged.... £30 :)

Managed with a sprayer with ecover and hot water, followed by wfp pure. I think I Got lucky it was a bit dirty but scrubbed to clean quite easily

Smurf

I prefer to call it arsehole tax myself if they want to try playing mind games

yah scared of the force daveyboy..:D

thats all me wanted a price to give ...it makes it easier..but dont forget the smurf tax..

Smurf

Even the smallest job you should be able to get at least 35 - 50 squid per side clearing gutters and at least the sames for cleaning the outside of guttering, fascia & soffits.

Rascal
Even the smallest job you should be able to get at least 35 - 50 squid per side clearing gutters and at least the sames for cleaning the outside of guttering, fascia & soffits.

So for a bog standard 3 bed semi you would charge £100+?!

Jimroot

...in Mayfair, Chealsea, and smurfsville ;-)

I think in my area I'd be undercut for sure in all seriousness

Smurf

Sorry I can't to tell you that as I know of at least two of my competitors are on here but if you would like to wear one of my t-shirst I sell for 199 + vat I might tell you then again I might not :D

slippy

44 brackets all around the house on black gutters. Going to clean with pole. and white fascia and soffits as well. Not cleaning out inside of gutters.

£50 or £60?

Guest boarcity

never do a big job like that on a monday-it will sap your strength for days afterwards and delay your normal round . do it friday . so you can recover over wkend

if they say mondays the only day that fits in with us , tell them friday ,and keep repeating the word in a dull monotone . folk usually buckle and give in if you do this

Guest boarcity

another tip i can give if you have one of these multiple jobs ie- gutters +fascias+ windows is stick firm to your price. many customers think AHAH lets try and get a tenner off before you even start . the moment they suggest anything like this you must walk away , totally ignore,theyv offended you and youre hurt

few years ago i walked and remember that jus as i was about to pull away in my car the lady appeared and tapping on car window,pleading not six inches from my face . i turned slowly and glared at her at which point she pulled back thinking Sh//t

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.