Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slippy

Got quite a big house, four sides of house's guttering, how much?

Smurf

If you are happy with the price and the customer is happy with it too that's all what matters :thumbsup:

Jimroot

I wouldn't like to go up a ladder and do it either, I'd give the money back to be honest, or say half the cash if the results aren't 100% with the pole.

Smurf

No matter what method you use you will never get it looking 100%. More so using just wfp method as you will be surprised on some jobs how ineffective it is especially on old plastics compared to doing it by hand.

Therefore I would never say that to a customer either or you will never earn any money @Jimroot.

What I do say is "I will do the best I can and it will look a lot cleaner than it is now"

Regarding using ladders that's an easy one to get to the roofline by ladders if you've got the right kit. If you don't use the right kit you will struggle and would be quite risky to do.

Jimroot

I'm s&@£ with ladders as you know :-/ I just can't get to grips, mainly with the stand off making it too heavy (for my liking) and clattering off house pieces. How I haven't dropped them into something yet is a mystery I'm grateful for.

Anyways, yes I wouldn't use language like 100% you're spot on there!

Better than it is now is a good one. I nearly talked myself into cleaning the inside of the gutter once, and had to talk myself out of it again. Must practice the art of shutting up for my own benefit :-)

Smurf

I try to avoid using ladders a much as I can but in this job it's just another tool I have to sometimes use. No decent triple ladder setup is going to be light so maybe you will have to go to the gym or something or take someone with you to give you a hand.

Jimroot

Thing is, I'm not exactly known for my weakness... A decade in fitness and martial arts etc. I used to swing 20kg kettle bells and I've done pull-ups, handstand push-ups for those years. I assumed it would translate into ladder use.

Something about the setup mystifies me, I'm not working effectively with the lever weighting, guess more practice

Smurf

I cleaned the exterior of this property last year and tomorrow will be checking & clearing all the guttering & downspouts, cleaning all the plastics, cleaning the conservatory roof & sides, then clean the patio area, paving to the front door and also the driveway. Which will take the best part of 2 days to do. Then come back another day to resand the block paved drive.

So I should be well and truly fooked buy then...:rolleyes:

Like a plonker I have booked work in the following day too. Oh deep joy :D

Here are some pic if interested

IMG_4423.JPG.dbc32e25a138b8caab720fb020e8b816.JPG

IMG_4424.JPG.8d915f206b1885710040fd58ee96934f.JPG

IMG_4427.JPG.53cc797488e258a8ad9218fc5399f06f.JPG

IMG_4428.JPG.df10cd9f866e9ef11890bb141cd1f6dd.JPG

IMG_4429.JPG.c106887d97356b263cc9a614b54090aa.JPG

IMG_4435.JPG.f53fe8f0fe7a66287c2d100168cc769c.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG.992190b615cbe8cfc614bc7360c9b121.JPG

IMG_4439.JPG.aad18bc4a3101949794527800d9be5e7.JPG

IMG_4441.JPG.0fed6abfb0aa8475aaf7fb24b1467ec1.JPG

IMG_4443.JPG.f4326c5f03d731740df3e98ba5042f77.JPG

Smurf

I do that one every year like many others I do so you can see why now I don't just do window cleaning as I can earn more in 2 days than some can earn doing a full week on the glass. :)

Mind you being old I'm fooked after doing jobs like that so need time off to recover. :D

Smurf

Oh and I forgot to mention they already have a regular window cleaner like most job I get... go figure :rolleyes:

I also like to add If you can't make good money on jobs like that then you are defo in the wrong game.

Jimroot

I bet you're down playing that and you've the strength of Hercules, you just enjoy mugs of tea and Jeremy Kyle too ;-)

I love my rest too, not that I get much.

Is that how you work it smurf, top down, gutter clear to patio with plastics and window in the middle? Does that house have a monthly windy?

Smurf

I always work from the top down @Jimroot

Idealy I like to do just 2-3 days hard graft on the tools prefereably in a month not each week now but don't always work out that way.

Smurf

As far as I'm aware they still have their windows cleaned each month and also someone comes around every two weeks to wash their wheelie bins too. They are not exactly short of a few bob so to speak as they are one of my regular customers :)

Tuffers

Smurf is

on the money here. With S/F/G they will always look a whole load better in the customers eyes than your eyes. Your eyes are highly trained to look for imperfections. Ever find yourself going to a house or building that you've never been to before and inspecting the cleanliness of the glass? One other thing, be prepared to get soaked when cleaning down the narrow part of the house, the water has a habit of running down the outside of the pole when it's very vertical :mad:

These type of jobs I find are a bit hit or miss time wise. Some you will fly round and others drag on. I'd price that property at least £40 a side. Give yourself half a day to do it and charge above your normal rate and you'll be on a winner.

Smurf

I've cleared & cleaned some sides of houses that you can hardly walk down let alone trying to use poles. Those types of jobs you can get soaked for sure @Tuffers

Rascal
I cleaned the exterior of this property last year and tomorrow will be checking & clearing all the guttering & downspouts, cleaning all the plastics, cleaning the conservatory roof & sides, then clean the patio area, paving to the front door and also the driveway. Which will take the best part of 2 days to do. Then come back another day to resand the block paved drive.

Come on then @Smurf let us know what you charge for all that work then.....

peter rogers

Tuffers my boy that's why im bringing my radox shower gel kill two birds with one stone . Doin it in 3 weeks along with nxt door neighbour. Gutters and outside @ 135 as well as a bad conservatory and regular window clean . Nice we nan got me the job

Smurf

Let just say enough to keep my misus from nagging me for 5 mins :D

Come on then @Smurf let us know what you charge for all that work then.....

Jimroot

Just noticed you'd already answered the windows q.

Pricing seems quite subjective. It's not like the price of beans or bentleys, it's a 'fluid' concept ;-)

Smurf
Tuffers my boy that's why im bringing my radox shower gel kill two birds with one stone .

Radox shower gel :rofl:

peter rogers

smurf building a tank a money up to buy new pole and new equipment ll .. at the min i have 2 wfp poles and reels nothin else i borrow friends powerwasher and borrow his gutter vac to do hard ta reach gutters

so gettin jobs flat out and buildin money up to get equipment :)

Smurf

Nice one :thumbsup:

smurf building a tank a money up to buy new pole and new equipment ll .. at the min i have 2 wfp poles and reels nothin else i borrow friends powerwasher and borrow his gutter vac to do hard ta reach gutters

so gettin jobs flat out and buildin money up to get equipment :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.