Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

No, tenchy's dog hasn't got at my computer /emoticons/biggrin.png

What a nightmare of a job this morning! A simple S/F/G with windows and frames to clean. All good until I got to clean the frames with a magic sponge and Virosol! The black seals were that bad that just a slight touch of the sponge black :turd: would get on the sponge and all over the frame and it was staining the white frame. So it was a case of then re-cleaning the frame without touching the seal :mad:. What should've taken 30/40 minutes took nearly 2 hours.

Oh, and she wants me to add her to my window cleaning list :eek:

Frank was having a bad day then @Tuffers ....I take it you stiched yourself up on the price on that one then. Not being funny I could never do a job like that in just 30 mins myself.... are you on speed or something? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Frank was having a bad day then @Tuffers ....I take it you stiched yourself up on the price on that one then. Not being funny I could never do a job like that in just 30 mins myself.... are you on speed or something? /emoticons/biggrin.png
Well and truly stitched myself up :oops: I asked the people if they heard me swearing at all :confused:. It was a front only on a small semi. It started well with the :turd: coming off with Virosol, but I wasn't happy with the window frames, so I got the sponge and ladder out. That's when it all went t1ts up /emoticons/biggrin.png. You could dab your finger on the seal and your finger went black. I have never seen seals so bad! And the mess the black made on the white frames, well :mad:.

See you have learnt now the hard way that's what can happen when using strong chems on rubber seals.

I have one like that and have never used chems on it ...its a real swine...but better not done in the sun as you can get the stain off if your quick..and she likes it spotless too.

..I tend to try and avoid touching the seal at the bottom and just leave it full of soap suds for a while as any attempt to clean it drags all over the white...

cant do a runner on this one so I will just have to put up with it../emoticons/biggrin.png

as for the swearing on monday I was trying to dodge my old peeps and one was coming in through the front door so I shot around to do the back ....only as I struggled to get the gate bolt I noticed the patio door opening and let out a few naughty words....it wasnt opening it was closing in the wind and she was stood just the other side of the gate having rushed through to open the gate for me..ooops

The black rubber seals between glass and frame

Some old ones tend to leach out black **** everywhere

I know it can look ****, and I do my best to clean it off, but.... if it bleeds black, then so be it. Its only doing it because they have neglected their windows in the past, so its thier fault. It does go eventually with regular window cleaning.

My seals are like it..i sprayed ubik all over the frames and then used my old porkypine in a separate bucket of water and flash to scrub the frames and glass/seals using plenty of water to wash the black stuff away before it can dry on the frames

Then when cleaning the windows properly afterwards the seals don't leach and you get a nice job

I have been using virosol yesterday and i think it was working better on the fascia's i did

Back