Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Connie ladder for WFP

N

neil fearnley

Hi

Can anyone recommend a ladder for doing Connie's with wfp

Dont mean a proper conservatory ladder just like a single section one

Can't seem to find one that's not a big 2-3 section one

To be honest any leaning ladder would do as long as you can gain enough height and more importantly it's stable to use on all types of surfaces. You're best bet is to use a stand off also a ladder safety device to stop the ladder slipping backwards too.

Myself I prefer to use an ankalad or ladder spurs when using ladders and the best standoff I've found is a microlight standoff as is a lot safer to use than the chepo ones you can get.

To be honest any leaning ladder would do as long as you can gain enough height and more importantly it's stable to use on all types of surfaces. You're best bet is to use a stand off also a ladder safety device to stop the ladder slipping backwards too.
Myself I prefer to use an ankalad or ladder spurs when using ladders and the best standoff I've found is a microlight standoff as is a lot safer to use than the chepo ones you can get.
Smurf - would you put the standoff on a conservatory roof?

I have been using a platform step ladder but feel I don't get enough height over the conservatory but would be worried about breaking the conny roof using a standard ladder???

If I can't be arsed to use me conservatory ladder I use my ladders free standing away from the conservatory guttering by deploying the ankalad (blue outriggers)

Gaining enough height using ladders is the only way to do awkward jobs as sometimes a conservatory ladder can't really be used this this example

View attachment 3912

View attachment 3909

View attachment 3914

View attachment 3913

View attachment 3911

View attachment 3910

I've used a microlight standoff on plastics roofs before but there is always a chance the plastic panel might break. If you going to use a standoff then best to rest it on the window frames just below the guttering which is not always an Ideal way either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it easy to fit?it says the ladder needs drilling etc

Are they adjustable to alter the footprint?urs looks quite close to that connie in the 1st pic

The ones I have came with a threaded bar that goes through the 1st and 9th rung so no drilling was required. However ask @daveyboy1 as his did not come with the threaded bar so he had to drill holes in his ladder

Yes they are adjustable but when using the ladder free standing you need the legs out as wide as possible to make it as stable as you can.

The tripple ladder I use with the ankalad fitted is also a combi so can be used as a very tall step ladder but I hardly ever use it in that configuration.

Thnx for the advice smurf

Going to go with the the one in the link and look at an ankalad and standoff

My advice is If wanting to use an ankalad on a ladder free standing then don't get a ladder with the bottom section less than 12 rungs.

Reason being if you look at the pic I posted - looking at the side of my 12 rung ladder my feet are somtimes one rung below the top of the ankalad so for safety reasons the ladder is still above the roof.

Sounded a bit daft my last post as I know you can exetend the 2nd section but as I use my 12 rung triple fitted with an ankalad for all the other jobs at one house including gutter clearing etc. Therfore I only need one ladder that does all the jobs I want it to do and the top section is long enough to be used on it's own too. One ladder does all so to speak.

If you want a light ladder just for conny cleaning then that 9 rung double will do just fine as that 12 rung triple I use is a bit of a best to hump about.

I do the same, just lean a ladder on the wall at either side go as high as comfortable and reach across.

You will find the more conservatory roof cleaning jobs you do the more challenges you will have to overcome.

Latest Posts

Back