Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neil fearnley

Connie ladder for WFP

Smurf

You naughty boy as you are supposed to have guard rails on any type of tower to stop you falling off :whistle:

Rascal

Yes captain safety I know....

I had the guard rails for my old tower but never used them at this height. I don't really see the difference standing on a 6' platform or standing on a ladder at 6' myself.....

Smurf

You will find out the difference if you accidently fall off the edge without using guard rails where as using ladders you are fixed in one place i.e standing on a rung.

Smurf

I looked at getting a tower a while ago for these sorts of jobs but thought they would be time consuming even the fold up ones. Also having to hump it about set it up & break it dowm then carrying it on/in the van somehow. I also thought would not be suitable for all jobs with awkward access etc so I never bothered in the end.

Rascal

Just don't step backwards! It's not that hard....but the guard rails are easily added. I've never come close to stepping off.

It's all about comfort for me. Set up time is nothing really. I tend to spend 2-3 hours on a small conservatory. I hate ladders full stop!

Rascal

They are also great for doing insides. I had the brainwave last week to set one side a foot or so higher than the other to create a ramp effect to go with the angle of the roof...

Smurf

Just remember about frank as falling just six foot is enough to kill someone if they are unlucky enough to smack their head on the floor or on objects around.

Just don't step backwards! It's not that hard....but the guard rails are easily added. I've never come close to stepping off.

It's all about comfort for me. Set up time is nothing really. I tend to spend 2-3 hours on a small conservatory. I hate ladders full stop!

Diwrnach

I can see a tower being useful at times, but way too much dicking about for me, a good step ladder would do the same in a fraction of the time, so far I have managed to always find somewhere to place a ladder that gets me above the apex, once above the apex you are home free.

Each to their own mind, everyone is different and finds a solution that fits them best.

rshandyman

I would do with one for painting but no storage at the moment

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.