Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Deadly effective leaflets!

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I have posted this as part of another thread but figured it ought to be here anyway as this is the system I used to build a £60k business in 12 months.

This is copied and pasted from the other thread!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

But as a wise man once said ask and you shall receive, now be warned, this has been a closely guarded secret by me for 8 years and using it could seriously improve your income and you attractiveness to the opposite sex (That previous statement excludes Smurf, you might still have a chance with the Blue People of Montana however /emoticons/tongue.png)

Last time I printed 10'000 of these at a cost of £150 - 10'000 may sound like a lot but if you consider an average street around here is 100 houses, you can leaflet 5 streets a day EASY - by day 20 that's directly hit 10'000 targeted customers.

Do not be stingy, hit EVERY HOME, and ask for top dollar in your area too, you will get it. If their windows look clean, give em a leaflet, I have heard many times, oh great I just god rid of the last asshole!

If the sign on the door says no leaflets, put it in anyway, out of 10'000 I had one guy ream me out for it. I get loads from houses saying no leaflets cause no one else drops in those houses.

I havn't carded in six months and I am still getting calls from people that have held onto my card.

You are welcome to copy this but MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE the phone number, I aint going to dumfries to clean windows.

This is similar to Dirwachs leaflet but the key difference here is you will have interaction with the client prior to cleaning their windows. With Dirwachs card they put it up on the day and Im guessing you just clean them anyhow weather they are home or not.

The only way this fails is if you are a total tool when you go see the customer. -- Also remember that that the price you put on the card is assuming the front and back of the property are the same - if you learn of a conservatory when you talk to them CHARGE MORE!

Thank for this info Green, you showed me these a while ago, i came up with something similar and they arrived yesterday, mine are just one sided would have preferred two but just £34 delivered for 5000.

I have left a space for a quote to be written on.

I am going to target terraced houses first with mine becasue i will be able to get more out faster, also when it comes back to checking it will be quicker and easier.

Will see how these go

View attachment 3915

I like the idea 'or place in your front window' @Green. Out of interest, how often do you visit a home that have placed it in the window and then try and haggle on price?

when they leave them in a window be carefull a windie canvassing in that area dosent get there before you do, i did this, went canvassing and was told i put it in window and hes been here already, but not me.

stopped doing that now

Deliberately using someone elses leaflet and claiming as your own is crossing the line imo.

Anyway id say chances are slim, i would re check next day or 2-3 days max

I like the idea 'or place in your front window' @Green. Out of interest, how often do you visit a home that have placed it in the window and then try and haggle on price?
Never

when they leave them in a window be carefull a windie canvassing in that area dosent get there before you do, i did this, went canvassing and was told i put it in window and hes been here already, but not me.stopped doing that now
That is when you use cheap sh*te cards with no contact information on them as you can see ours have name, phone, email, and facebook. We are the only canvassers that do so. Someone else put yellow cards that had no info just a price and put this in your window and we will clean your windows. He put them in my custies houses and they all gave me his cards, cheaper but they dont trust as no information on card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hadn't even thought about that @johnny bravo! Like putting a big flag up for your competitors unless you get back there first!
Unless you live in a really scabby area (and dont forget I am in Nottingham you will find most 99.9% of all window cleaners are too lazy to try and poach your cards. Others cardsarecheap **** cards with no name, number or anything so they dont get business

As our cards have company name, contact details etc all over them and we are a legit operator should you poach one of mine that is theft and you will be sued through the courts for all potential loss of earnings, proven against longest standing client records. Or some **** according to my lawyer. In short, pinch em, clean them once and I can sue you for about 3 years of cleans.

Thank for this info Green, you showed me these a while ago, i came up with something similar and they arrived yesterday, mine are just one sided would have preferred two but just £34 delivered for 5000.
I have left a space for a quote to be written on.

I am going to target terraced houses first with mine becasue i will be able to get more out faster, also when it comes back to checking it will be quicker and easier.

Will see how these go
Those look sharp Adam, I would love an update as they seemed the solution for your shyness door knocking, are they working well for you?

Yep pretty much the same idea as mine except when they are in the window I just clean and invoice, they work extremely well, I have in small print conservatories will cost more.

Yep pretty much the same idea as mine except when they are in the window I just clean and invoice, they work extremely well, I have in small print conservatories will cost more.
Not in a million years, fell into that trap a few years back.

You end up getting, oh no I wanted to talk to you first! (and trying not to pay you)

Or -- See you next month! -- Oh no, I only wanted a one off!

I never clean prior to talking to the customer.

The only issue I had was someone with a very large house wanting it every 12 weeks instead of 6, I put a note through saying I would do this clean at the price quoted, further cleans would be more, if they were unhappy to contact me, they never did and they pay the same day every time at the higher price.

Its worked fine for me.

Well good for you, but I aint so Green that I'm just gonna clean and pray,

First rule is the customer gets spoken to prior to any cleaning,

Seriously if my lads sign a new customer, I give them the first month clean as a bonus, but only on the condition they get a full address, phone number and first and last name, also they can not quote anything below our formula without express permission from me first.

I will let you know how i go on green. Not got any out yet, i dont get much time between work, windows kids etc. I will get a few hundred out hopefully end of next week.

With these im just going to bang them out asap and see what happens, if the return is decent, and i would class 1 in a 100 as decent compred to 1 in 1000 ive known before with various leaflets then i will get some young lads to help and order a shed load.

If there really low return ill have to go back to canvassing

mine are really amateur but no matter i built my round on them. only tother week i put time aside for me and the lads to dole out a couple of thou of these View attachment 3940 in a tucked away part of a big estate iv always fancied working cos i wondered who to God lived there ,i got very good results.

would i have done better using Greens good leaflets? possibly,... probably,but.............

we will never know...

Last edited:
I have 1 pub at £25 - 1 Photo Studio £10 (2 windows) and the rest is all domestic.

I really avoided commercial like plague as they always want to screw you on the price and then dont want to pay for 90 days.

I will take on commercial work but only on my terms. Payment within 7 days.

Mate of mine is a London plumber, he does all sorts of commercial stuff, puts in a bill for say £400 with a note saying £200 if payed within 14 days.

It never takes him long to get paid, perhaps I should try that.

Back