Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

HELP! Di Vessel purification problems!

Ben Wright

Hi guys!

My DI Vessel was pumping out water at 003 so I decided to change the resin today to bring it back down to 000.

My steps were:

1) Emptied all the old resin etc

2) Refilled DI Vessel to about 75-80% full

3) Re-attached equipment.

The problem is...THE WATER IS ACTUALLY WORSE THAN BEFORE!

It's now coming out at a reading of 005!

How's this possible? Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

Cheers, Ben.

Is the flow going in the right direction, inlet/outlet?
Yeah I've not taken any of the hoses off the bottle lock. They're both colour coded with different ends so there's no way I can get them wrong otherwise they wouldn't attach /emoticons/unsure.png

Yeah I've not taken any of the hoses off the bottle lock. They're both colour coded with different ends so there's no way I can get them wrong otherwise they wouldn't attach /emoticons/unsure.png
Is it a new bag of resin?

I have just had a problem with mine ...I did the take it out and shake it all about to find it had no effect...but then when I looked again it is supposed to seal in place and the plastic was distorted..so I bent it back with a fork but I am getting a new resin container ../emoticons/biggrin.png

Get a plastic cup fill it with resin then put a pin ***** on the bottom. Pour some water into the cup then measure the water when it starts dripping from the hole, if it reads 000 then you know its not the resin but your di vessel.

Your riser tube will not be seated properly in the di head.

Unger Mixed Bed Resin 25L
Have you ran a few litres of water through it before testing TDS and also what did you put the water in to test it?

I sometimes find that my reading is 001 with new resin :confused: and sometimes when testing the TDS any foreign body in the cup, container or whatever can make the reading wrong. I use a small yoghurt pot to pour my pure into to test it and I had had put a spot of Ecover in it beforehand and mixed it with pure to see what the TDS reading was. Obviously there was still some Ecover in the pot as the reading was something like 080 :eek:. I swilled the pot out and the reading came down to zero again thank ****.

You have to fill it with resin, not 80%. Fill it, add water then slowly screw top on, tap etc. Video some where. Take top off and fill it up

It should make no difference as the water if being filtered right through the new resin should come out 000ppm.

You have to fill it with resin, not 80%. Fill it, add water then slowly screw top on, tap etc. Video some where. Take top off and fill it up

Are you taking about a small 10" canister as it holds very little resin. When you say you attached all the euipment are you on about a small ro?

If so you need to double check you have the di canister the right way up in the housing. There should be an arrow on the side telling you which way up it goes. Also are you aware if using a ro about tds creep as can kill the resin in that small di canister in no time at all.

Hi guys!
My DI Vessel was pumping out water at 003 so I decided to change the resin today to bring it back down to 000.

My steps were:

1) Emptied all the old resin etc

2) Refilled DI Vessel to about 75-80% full

3) Re-attached equipment.

The problem is...THE WATER IS ACTUALLY WORSE THAN BEFORE!

It's now coming out at a reading of 005!

How's this possible? Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

Cheers, Ben.

Thanks for all the tips guys but PROBLEM SOLVED!

I'm using a 25L DI Vessel.

I emptied the water that had collected at the top of the DI vessel, added more resin, shook it up and hey presto! 000 reading /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks for the help guys!

**** me 25 ltr and you got 5ppm reading with it 80% full with all that new resin in it. Surely must have been something else rather than just filling it up?

Ive found when putting new resin in and running water through it takes ages for the TDS to come down and doesnt get to 000, I switch the water off, then give DI vessel a shake, let it stand for a few minutesm then water back on, then its all good, 000.

No you don't have to fill the vessel completely with resin.

I get this when I change resin. First 10-50 litres reads at 1 then after that it's down to 0. Haven't got a clue why but it happens most times.

Back