Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook page business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi everyoneI have set up a Facebook business page but still no calls coming in

Is it always slow this time of year ?
This should be the busiest time, but if you are new to it then it''l always be slow in the early days. Don't just rely on one single method though, spread your name about as much as possible. You'll get more and more calls when that sun comes out.

Thankyou for your reply

I have tried local magazines

Now trying Facebook

New to this so your right trying different avenues to see what works best

Might try door knocking like someone suggested

Are leaflets a good idea ?

Thankyou for your replyI have tried local magazines

Now trying Facebook

Its all good mate. Get leaflets out, place adverts, join facebook, and knock doors if you want. The more you spread your net, the more you'll catch.

Thankyou for your replyI have tried local magazines

Now trying Facebook

join all the local buy and sell Facebook groups in your area and post your page on there every morning and you should get a result.

leaflets work but its gruelling doling them out ,you MUST dole out tens of 1000s for them to work well.

Hi @Safroncats

What sorts of things are you doing with your business facebook page? For a bit of context, unless you pay to promote your facebook posts, approx 3-5% of your total likes will end up seeing it.

You can pay to target certain people based on area, existing page likes etc, which might help to drive leads. Unfortunately, setting up a page and hoping for traffic to come to your profile isn't likely to work imho.

Door knocking and canvassing seem like good options from the experienced guys in here?

Forget a business page. Set up a personal page with the name of your business and then sign up to every local selling page you can. Every night post in these pages promoting your business. Post between 6 and 7, after tea time but before the soaps. I call this fishing, because within 5 minutes of me posting on my local groups I will get a comment on my post or a message through Facebook. I'm getting between 4 and 8 new customers every week using this method. Try it, it works.

folk like a bit of a story on facebook. i recently put up a foto of a deer carcass that i found near where the van parked , this drew in quite a few likes and comments ,

im going to start milking this what-we-saw-today angle instead of the usual window cleaning fotos on my business page

that reminds me,my lads put up a foto of me having an argument with a customer ,and hurtful commenting ,im goin to get that taken down asap

Last edited:
Yeah but combined with other methods it is more work

Have to weigh up the benefits of each job as too far to travel = losing money

Facebook has decimated the audience reach for business pages - unless what you posts gets a lot of likes & shares, its hardly worth the effort. I've 1300 odd likes on my page & on average less than 50 see most of my posts.

Facebook are cracking down on personal profiles used for business though - you could put a lot of work into a page & wake up one morning to find it deleted.

My personal opinion on facebook is that it brings in lower quality customers than most other methods. If your placing adds in local buy & sell or swap shop groups every day you tend to get the bargain hunters who don't want a regular service & who will drop you the first time they come across a cheaper option,.. door knocking & leaflet drops combined with smart workwear, vehicle signwriting and a decent website would be my recommendadtion.

It is just another tool in my arsenal

Can't believe i just said arsenal

Come on you spurs

Was it a business profile or a page linked to your personal one?I have had mine since last june with no hassle

It was a personal page promoting my business, which is against FB rules so they deleted it. Got about 30 customers out of it. I have already got a business page linked to my personal profile so I'll have to start using that.

Stick to thursday nights Daveyboy! Are the spurs fans STILL celebrating the victory over us to make it 1-1 this year in games in the PL? When is the dvd out of the match lol. God I hate spurs as much as I hate Man Utd!

Hows the work going mate? I am up too 119 customers, had more but took advice form here and weeded all the bad ones out now rather than later, gutting as my list went down but it not full of idiots. So glad I came on hear and took advice from you and some of the others, it working out well, from really only kicking off in Feb in the end. Your alright for a suprs fan! God did i say that /emoticons/wink.png

Back