Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Back Packs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

Not impressed with these had 2 now and pressure down on newer one, sick of taking them apart, going to try another type. The wholsale price on some of these bacpacks on Chinese suppliers websites are just £12 when bought in baulk, so with such a big mark up expect better.

They're all the same just rebranded. Not worth the money charged, I've had to completely rebuild all of mine and wire them up properly with a heatsink mounted PWM so they can actually work for a day without cooking themselves.

Not impressed with these had 2 now and pressure down on newer one, sick of taking them apart, going to try another type. The wholsale price on some of these bacpacks on Chinese suppliers websites are just £12 when bought in baulk, so with such a big mark up expect better.
I bought a gardiner v3 backpack last month for awkward access jobs have to say I'm quite impressed really but I have noticed the pressure seems down and I'm already got the flow controller on three quarters fought it was me.

Is there a remedy?

I must say tho gardiners customers service is good the charger was faulty and next day I had one delivered so it sure they will help

I bought a gardiner v3 backpack last month for awkward access jobs have to say I'm quite impressed really but I have noticed the pressure seems down and I'm already got the flow controller on three quarters fought it was me.Is there a remedy?

I must say tho gardiners customers service is good the charger was faulty and next day I had one delivered so it sure they will help
Pressure drop whilst working is usually down to battery voltage drop. If the charger was faulty then this may have been the issue. It is also important to follow the battery conditioning instructions when first using the backpack. This helps ensure a long life from the backpack battery.

If for some reason the new charger does not sort it, get back to us as most issues can usually be fixed - most clients never have any such issues and have a long reliable life from these products.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the V3 that you are having issues with - always worth talking to us if there is a product issue. These units have proved to be our most reliable and popular backpack so far.

I would be very happy if these backpacks cost just £12 from our supplier! They cost a lot more than that - as soon as you have anything re-made to your own specification prices are a lot less attractive sounding. We have had products from many different factories - usually there is a reason that an item is only £12 and it means the quality is so poor they would not be resell-able as a retailer.

I only use backpacks after experimenting with hose from the van, I then tried backpack only and find it less of a hassle used with a quick set up trolley, so I need something reliable that will not potentially have water mixing with electrics, this looks decentView attachment 6120 View attachment 6121
These ones are very well made. I had one sent over a couple of years ago and have it in the workshop. Beautifully made plastics - almost too well assembled as getting into it to look at the components took me a long time!

I decided against them though, for our clients, as they were not easy to service, small battery capacity which would not last long enough for our clients working all day, no backpack straps, and a small tank capacity. If it is wanted as an occasional use item though they are a good quality product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Battery life not an issue for me as I use 2 backpacks per day, as for getting into them to service well maybe that's not going to be much of an issue either as if they're made well the manufacturers probably don't expect you to be going in to them often? The issue for me is relying on the equipment during the working day but thanks for taking the time regarding the response.

I use a v2 & my son uses a v3 all day every day, charge them at night , had some fuse problems with the v2 but a phone call soon sorted it & the power in the v3 is quality

I only use backpacks after experimenting with hose from the van, I then tried backpack only and find it less of a hassle used with a quick set up trolley, so I need something reliable that will not potentially have water mixing with electrics, this looks decentView attachment 6120 View attachment 6121
hi m8 i no a guy with one of these an its not got a low speed controle its like a jet wash my m8 has a pole tap to slow the water flow down:eek: im not joking it squarted water like 6 meters from brush:eek::eek: :thumbsdown: from me

They're all cheap kobold stuff but different stickers/logos. I had a choice when I contacted kobold direct and they were all less than £15 each delivered to the UK.

hi m8 i no a guy with one of these an its not got a low speed controle its like a jet wash my m8 has a pole tap to slow the water flow down:eek: im not joking it squarted water like 6 meters from brush:eek::eek: :thumbsdown: from me
According to the description it's flow out put is is only 2 litres pm, that's not much some machines go to 5, the gardiners one I use is 3.1 (I think)? I have mine set to position 2 anyway as I use a pole tap. I have a tried and tested method with cleaning where I go over the frames and windows with the tap on low then full tilt for a rinse. I would use that decent machine for maintenance cleans though only as it's tank is only 16 litre capacity, but I would team it up with a 22 litre big boy or something. I know they are **** but we are left with little choice until someone comes up something decent.

I started out with a trolley but they are inflexable, can't really trail hose through peoples houses and lifting it in and out of a car was a ball ache.

I like the adaptability of a backpack, for rows of houses I use them mounted on a foldaway trolley, if I don't fancy going back to the van I double bunjy strap an additional 10 litre container onto the trolley giving me about 28-29 litres when full

They're all cheap kobold stuff but different stickers/logos. I had a choice when I contacted kobold direct and they were all less than £15 each delivered to the UK.
There's no prices on the Kobold website but I've sent an enquiry, for 15 quid might as well order a couple and chuck them when they are knackered

Back