Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which gutter vac system

paul1

HI, hoping to do gutters as well as windows, can anyone recommend the best gutter vac system and poles to go for getting mixed messages and getting confused, was looking at skyvac and they assured me they were the best but since been told and heard they are not and their poles split easy etc, was also looking at guttercleaningsystems who say they actually use their kit on real jobs not just selling

Any advice on very best to go for preferably least blocking, best carbon poles etc etc? budget of around £800 - £1200

thanks

Rather than buying a complete package a few on here went about putting one together themselves. That way you can pick & choose what type wet vac & poles you want yourself. It may not work out any cheaper depending what you get but at least doing it that way you have a better choice than having to go with one gutter vac supplier.

ok thanks smurf just emailed gardiner about their poles for gutters, what is the best vac to go for anyone ? wanting quality and reliability as always???

also when washing gutters and fascias will I need an inline chemical mixer for my pole? seen on spinaclean website do an inline chemical mixer will I really need this or will pure water be enough? if do where can I get one to add to my own poles that will be getting?

cheers

I've used quite a few wet vacs as the motors don't last me very long so now I just by the cheapest triple 3000 watt vac I can find at the time. I think the last one was around £200 same as this one which does the job I need it to do. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WET-AND-DRY-VACUUM-VAC-CLEANER-INDUSTRIAL-80LTR-3000W-STAINLESS-STEEL-/361097390179?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item541314e863

To be honest there is no point in buying an expensive vac as I've found they will not last any longer than the chepo ones when used for gutter clearing as they get a good bashing. Now I just throw them away when the motors start to packup instead of farting about trying to repair them.

When using wfp to clean outside of gutters etc I just use a bucket and dip the brush in it if I need to use any chems.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can but best you try different chems yourself and see which works best for you as is down to personal preference really.

But best you don't use any harsh chems like virosl etc anywhere near so say selfcleang glass or you could end up with loads of hassle

Smurf, apart from the vac above mentioned from ebay and a set of poles its that a up and running setup? any adapters etc, needed to connect the poles to that vac hose supplied?

Ive been and had a look at a karcher 65/2 today, nice bit don't get me wrong and a 12 month warranty but going on smurfs advise and experience I have decided it probably will be a waste of money buying an expensive vac when they all tend to knacker motors due to the job they will be doing, constantly blocked ends heating up the motors due picking clogs of soil and roots etc i have used vacs for year cleaning cars out never had a problem,but gutter cleaning with a vac is pure abuse If I was buying a vac for clearing dust and bits from cars different story, but when you can buy close to three of these vacs for the price of a karcher.65/2 makes sense.

smurf how many gutters would you say that vacs done for you so far?

To be honest there is no point in buying an expensive vac as I've found they will not last any longer than the chepo ones
Are you talking about onmi vacs smurf? Might be expensive but that doesn't mean good......

I have been using Numatic vacs for about 4 years now. I have two a 110 and 240. Both second hand both still working perfectly.....

Are you talking about onmi vacs smurf? Might be expensive but that doesn't mean good......
I have been using Numatic vacs for about 4 years now. I have two a 110 and 240. Both second hand both still working perfectly.....
Which is best rascal? Where you get those from and where do you get all rest of kit from to go with it? Cheers

If I can get a year out of each one I buy then I'm happy but don't for get gutter clearing is the main service I offer not window cleaning so they get hammered.

Smurf, apart from the vac above mentioned from ebay and a set of poles its that a up and running setup? any adapters etc, needed to connect the poles to that vac hose supplied?
Ive been and had a look at a karcher 65/2 today, nice bit don't get me wrong and a 12 month warranty but going on smurfs advise and experience I have decided it probably will be a waste of money buying an expensive vac when they all tend to knacker motors due to the job they will be doing, constantly blocked ends heating up the motors due picking clogs of soil and roots etc i have used vacs for year cleaning cars out never had a problem,but gutter cleaning with a vac is pure abuse If I was buying a vac for clearing dust and bits from cars different story, but when you can buy close to three of these vacs for the price of a karcher.65/2 makes sense.

smurf how many gutters would you say that vacs done for you so far?

Got a gutter vac kit from Jason at gutter force. They are setting up in sales now and can't recommend them enough.

Top quality products. There carbon fibre poles are great and much better and stronger than sky vac seen both, Jason is really helpful and even brought my kit to me, nice guy.

I just got a compact system and wireless camera which is bang on for what I need but they do everything website coming soon,

Fantastic quality stuff from gutter force

Hi Paul

Waiting on Jason sending me some pictures and prices over from GUTTERFORCE looking to get a commercial vac from him. Going to call again tomorrow and chase him up. Can you tell me what do you think of his guttervac and poles. How was the cost.

Back