Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Franked brace

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luckily... It's a section of steel tube, drilled through both ends, bolted on one end and a sprung nipple clip the other which is intact. Just have to find same dimensions steel tube... Hoping the seller can supply one otherwise have to have a root around.

BTW smurf your simple tip regarding setting the ladder made it loads easier and I wondered why I'd made a meal of it before! The ladder was off the van and up, tripled, with brace set within a few minutes. Didn't need the stand off this time, I'm hoping it's as easy with that next time too. Very bouncey on the climb down without the brace.

I'm sure if you contact the manufacture you bought that one from they should be able to send you a new part. Might be an idea to send them a pic of it damged too so they now which part need to be replaced.

Just wondering how the hell did it get damaged like that in the first place...did you stand on it or something?

Frank kinda used his boot to try and prise off the sticking stabiliser bar, it was the bars fault though I swear :-/

I've had trouble with the bar since I had it, should have opened up the bar ends a bit

The one I have that I never use is an ali flat bar with plastic flexiable ends that just slots over the legs.

The bar in mine looks the toughest part, rigid steel I'd say, the rest is thin tubing, but I guess strong enough across its length like bone

It's a design flaw or manufacturing error to have bar so stiff onto the tubing, just tested none metallic alu

well you best complain then and tell them what happened as they may send you new parts out for free

Well, emailed them as its under five year warranty, found a suitable looking tube online for £3 if not

Ouch..how heavy are your boots Jim??

I don't reckon i could do that to mine if i tried

Size ten steel toe dickies. I think a stray gust of wind would probably snap it though... It's 1mm thin by 22.5mm alu

Size ten steel toe dickies. I think a stray gust of wind would probably snap it though... It's 1mm thin by 22.5mm alu
I paid £120 for my ankalad last year, it is not great design but It is harder to brake than yours I would think.

Latest Posts

Back