Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First attempt

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TommyGun

Well i went out and cleaned the windows of my hose, don't know what i done wrong but the windows are still greasy. Am i missing something here, do i need to use a detergent, i thought it was just pure water i used?

Well i went out and cleaned the windows of my hose, don't know what i done wrong but the windows are still greasy. Am i missing something here, do i need to use a detergent, i thought it was just pure water i used?
Pure water alone won't shift grease. Try some Ecover / washing up liquid on your brush, froth the window up, scrub and rinse. You should see a marked difference.

IF THE WINDOWS ARE stinkin get somethin on them eco cover or even a drop of fairy /emoticons/tongue.png remember to give the brush head a gd clean ith pure water if washing shite like that of windows

spray ubik2000 on the brush soap up all the tops then go bk the first an start scrubing an rinsing should sort the grease issue out:thumbs:

But don't pure water work then? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Does make me laugh when everyone goes on about how well pure water cleans then they have to use chems or soap to get windows clean. :whistle:

I find a cup of isopropyl alcohol in a 600 litre tank helps remove most things.

It doesn't effect ppm and it stops your pipes freezing in the winter.

Apart from that I'd never add anything.

It's about £25 for a 25 litre drum and lasts ages.

As for pure water? It cleans well but always tell the customer it can take 2 or 3 cleans to get them to a high standard.

This allows for any residue from detergents to be fully washed away which is a major cause of spotting on the glass.

But don't pure water work then? /emoticons/biggrin.png
Does make me laugh when everyone goes on about how well pure water cleans then they have to use chems or soap to get windows clean. :whistle:

For first cleans I always do them trad, so much faster and 100 times better,

Then I'll use pure for the regular cleans after.

Nothing worse than doing a filthy first clean with water fed poles - almost useless!

Could also just be the type of glass (hydrophobic) that appears to be greasy.

Your right Spruce.

Hydrophobic glass needs a bit of extra rinsing than hydrophilic glass as it beads rather than a nice sheet of water.

Spend an extra few seconds to thoroughly rinse and you shouldn't get any problems.

well some windows i trad most i wfp there some extensions its just easier putting ladder up and tradding it rather than stretch with pole

As for pure water? It cleans well but always tell the customer it can take 2 or 3 cleans to get them to a high standard.

This allows for any residue from detergents to be fully washed away which is a major cause of spotting on the glass.
So the dirty window thats been repeatedly rained on for months by rain water which is essentially pure water, may still have detergents on that are going to cause spotting?

...Think about it. :rolleyes:

I'd bet money that the reason its spotting is because there is so much dirt, a brush doesnt have the scrubbing power, and pure water (which is just normal water with stuff removed) doesnt have the power to clean it.

It's a bit different to scrubbing the glass and washing it out of the seals though.

...Think about it. :thumbsup:

Not every first clean has been neglected for months. Some custies are changing windies for other reasons.

Still better to warn them and have a good result first time than not and lose the job.

If they are filthy, they will take 2 - 3 cleans anyway.

You only have to open a modern type plastic opener and you will see the filth in the tracks. What with leaching seals of old trapped soap, dirt, oxidation and dirty water comming out of frames drainage holes. These are the main reasions people have issues and not to mention a lot of other issues that can cause drip marks & spotting.

Exactly Smurf.

It all takes time to wash away.

Even the best trad cleaners can't get where water can.

It's a bit different to scrubbing the glass and washing it out of the seals though.
...Think about it. :thumbsup:
I think nature and the elements are a stronger force then a scrub and squirt of a brush. I reckon any traces of fairy are long gone after a month of heavy british weather.

Not every first clean has been neglected for months. Some custies are changing windies for other reasons.
Still better to warn them and have a good result first time than not and lose the job.

If they are filthy, they will take 2 - 3 cleans anyway.
I don't dispute it taking 2/3 cleans to get right, I even say the same to my custies, especially on the bad ones. But the whole 'residual soap' **** is just propaganda put out by WFP manufacturers to sell more units IMO.

I blame the trad guy's myself for using soap as atracts the dirt even more /emoticons/biggrin.png

I blame the trad guy's myself for using soap as atracts the dirt even more /emoticons/biggrin.png
I blame the pole guys that are too scared to go up a ladder to do what needs to be done.:rolleyes: /emoticons/biggrin.png

I can stir too smurf.:hehehe:

Latest Posts

Back