Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY Heavy Duty Trolley Step by Step/Van mount, pics (PART 1)

jimmyboots

Here is a step by step how to make a Heavy Duty Trolley with Shurflo pump, filter, Spring controller and reel.

Apologies for lengthy thread in advance /emoticons/smile.png

First here are the main components to the Trolley. Small things like switches , nuts and bolts shall be mentioned as I go along.

Trolley, Pump, filter with connections, spring analogue controller, electrical boxes, 22ah battery and 10mm ID reinforced clear hose.

first Idrilled holes at the desired height for the trolley so the adjustable connections lock the handle

Then I cut 2 pieces of 30mm angle steel and 2 pieces of galvanised electrical conduit to the width of the Trolley

Next I attached the metal to the Electrical boxes with small nuts and bolts.

Then I drilled holes into the Trolley and attached the boxes to it. (Don't permanently screw to the trolley yet)

Next I removed the large bottom box from the Trolley, positioned the pump and strainer and screwed the pump to the box through the rubber feet with nuts and bolts. (dont over tighten)

Next I drilled entry and exit holes for the Hose

Then, I unscrewed the Spring controller and attached the back casing to the top of the pump box

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/j...y/IMG_20150314_151452936_zpskkcn5pmi.jpg.html

IMG_20150314_151452936_zpskkcn5pmi.jpg

Then reasemble the controller and attach the blue and brown wires to the black and red wires of the pump

Attach the 2 boxes back to the Trolley with 40mm nuts and bolts.

Using a piece of clear hose to protect, drill a hole through the 2 boxes and guide the remaining black and red wires through the clear hose up into the Battery box.

Next I fitted the on/ off switch and the charging plug. The on/off is optional as it can be turned on/off at the left dial on the flow control, but, I like to keep the dial set in the same position so a separate on/off switch allows that.

On the other side of the battery box I put a voltometer to keep tabs on the battery with its own on/off switch.

Then put all the wiring and fuse in ready for the battery.

Next, I did the reel. This is the SMALL reel from Wilkos. Assemble reel.

the best diy trolley by a mile
Yes....that's a good trolley Mark...fair-play to you........but to bust-in on 'Jimmyboots' DIY thread saying yours is the best, doesn't seem right in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy what size of boxes did you use? Also has anyone used a varistream controller on these trolleys? I have a spare one but dunno whether to buy spring controller. I also like the idea of having a remote.

Jimmy what size of boxes did you use? Also has anyone used a varistream controller on these trolleys? I have a spare one but dunno whether to buy spring controller. I also like the idea of having a remote.
for the battery......190mm x 240mm x 90mm

for the pump and strainer 220mm x 300mm x 120mm

This is a Trolley that I made to last a long time, so I used the best pump controller, big battery etc. I will pm you a link to a cheaper trolley that I made. It shows the cheaper pump, battery, controller etc. Theres links in that thread I think to materials.

for the battery......190mm x 240mm x 90mmfor the pump and strainer 220mm x 300mm x 120mm

This is a Trolley that I made to last a long time, so I used the best pump controller, big battery etc. I will pm you a link to a cheaper trolley that I made. It shows the cheaper pump, battery, controller etc. Theres links in that thread I think to materials.
Ah could you please send me that link too mate? I think I've sent you a message about it today

Thank you /emoticons/smile.png

Back