Andy

Cleaning This

Andy

Do you think i ought to wack some mastic round this before i clean it its a solar pannel on a public building that i clean.5915ca31ef5e8_2015-03-1706_32_44.jpg.e075fd2259d5273de0e0a307bc72a778.jpg

Andy

I aiready have. there were 3 like that on the same roof top. They are all facing the sea about 40yrds from the beach. there are servral sky lights up there to i have to clean them every week. in the winter the wind and the rain hammer across that roof top and in high winds you can feel the salt spray frrom the sea.

Smurf

That is one of the main issues with these types of systems for cleaners as they can soon become a high risk when they start to fail.

Guest SolarPanelCleaning

Is that a panel? Where are the cells? Looks odd to me amigo.

Andy

yes defo solar panels. and there not even 4 years old. Right round the edge of the roof along the top of the wall is a 2 inch wide electrical track when your near the wall you can here it humming

Guest Solar Steve

Hi Andy.

I can't say you are wrong, but it looks like a conservatory roof panel to me. It certainly is not like any solar panel I've seen. I've never seen one with a white surround or with that kind of seal or type of assembly.

Also, panels don't hum, even when faulty. There nothing in a solar panel that would cause it to hum.

Whether it is or it isn't a panel is kind of irrelevant anyway. You don't know 100% how to deal with the problem, so you would be wise to leave the whole thing alone. I wouldn't do any further cleaning there at all until it was discovered what was wrong with 'the solar panel'.

Guest Solar Steve

Lol! Thin film? It doesn't look like thin film to me. :-D

Eviestevie

I've just shown the pic to my bro he owns protec trade frames he says that def a conservatory panel roof opener he told me the make of the panel and plastic