Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quick question before ordering new pressure washer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

the 21 lpm , you should consider getting a 30 meter hose instead of the 10m that comes with it and it will save the trouble of having to move the washer around a job

the 21 lpm , you should consider getting a 30 meter hose instead of the 10m that comes with it and it will save the trouble of having to move the washer around a job
Yeah longer hose is on the list, I have a 20m here already and a 10m.

10m sounds a lot but in practice is near useless lol.

My only concern with the 21 is if a domestic supply can keep up? I worry I might end up working slower having to wait for water all the time?

Another possibly stupid concern is, speeding up the work might make it look like the customer isn't getting value for money lol.

dont forget your going to be using a buffer tank so the domestic supply should be fine you just need to keep an eye on it

You are not going to be that quick even using a 21lpm washer so no need to worry as you would just take your time.

You are not going to be that quick even using a 21lpm washer so no need to worry as you would just take your time.
I really suck at taking my time, I work hard and non stop until its done, can't help myself, tried several times to slow down and take it steady, never works.

You just have to remember not matter how long it takes you are getting paid to do a good job.

So if it takes less time with a 21 lpm washer instead of a 12lpm washer it don't matter as long as the customer is happy with the results. They are paying for good results not how long it may or may not take you.

Also make sure you drop into conversation just how expensive the washer is, servicing costs etc. This has two benefits: 1) It'll stop them from trying to replace you with a £200 karcher that they've seen on the adverts, and 2) It will show them that the cost isdue to the overheads involved. :thumbsup:

I always drop into conversation how **** the cheap karchers are.

Most already mention they have one and either given up trying or they burnt it out trying to do it themselves. Hence why they called an old pro like me in to do it properly for them.

Most already mention they have one and either given up trying or they burnt it out trying to do it themselves. Hence why they called an old pro like me in to do it properly for them.
I've been trying to sell my pressure washing services to one of my window customers for ages but hes never bitten. So I turn up this month to see that hes bought one and given it a go himself.... LMFAO!...theres little squigly lines everywhere where hes got bored of using the spray the size of a 10p coin. I think that'll be on ebay soon and I'll get the job, as it looks like some vandal has graffitied his patio. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yep I can alway tell when someone has been having a play and given up /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yeah longer hose is on the list, I have a 20m here already and a 10m.
10m sounds a lot but in practice is near useless lol.

My only concern with the 21 is if a domestic supply can keep up? I worry I might end up working slower having to wait for water all the time?
Ive got a 21lpm and Ive not had a problem with custys water in fact ive just copied smurf and jjst installed a ballcock in the bin to stop it spilling over

Brilliant, the accountant (my wife) has said I can't order it until after the 6th so its on next years books. And yeah I get a lot of work from people who have tried with a karcher or even worse patio cleaner and its been **** lol

Brilliant, the accountant (my wife) has said I can't order it until after the 6th so its on next years books. And yeah I get a lot of work from people who have tried with a karcher or even worse patio cleaner and its been **** lol
Also with the 21lpm It gets everything up I dont even use a turbo nozzle with the lance just a 15 degree nozzle and it leaves nothing behind

Back