Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washer died on me....few questions re 21lpm interpump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trickydicky

I was using a honda gx390 and triplex cat pump and it died mid job with the casing burst and inside was mangled..

So im putting an interpump 202 with gearbox at 21lpm and was wondering about feed hoses.

I currently use a yellow 3/4 inch with direct feed as it was 15lpm on the cat pump so no need for buffer tank.

Should i be thinking about using the 3/4 from buffer to machine and indeed using a 3/4 to feed the buffer.

If i am better doing that rather than a 1/2 inch standard garden hose any idea where i could get a filter for that size of hose.

Any advice from anyone currently using 21lpm would be great.

That's a bummer about your cat pump but I suppose being a direct feed cavitation and overheating eventually killed it. I’ve never heard of a pump casing explode before though so did it run out of oil or something?

That looks perfect..For some reason i had a half ball shape filter in mind and was searching along these lines..been a long s$#@$ day as buggered a coolant pipe yesterday and had to hire a van and leave big job 2/3rds uncleaned..

The water and oil was mixed into a grey gunk and water pishing out casing.

I took it to my guy and he said he had never seen one as bad as gearbox was knackered as well. It probably didnt help that the water pressure kept dropping and i should maybe have stopped but i kept on working hoping to finish the job with reduced power but then it all went pear shaped !

Sounds like was either a cracked ceramic or seals gone to get water into the oil which would bugger it up for sure.

After being up half the night i managed to find a reconditioned interpump 202 and rs500 gear box for 300 quid so nearly half price.

After you pointed me in right direction re filter i got one of fleebay for a tenner as dualpumps were wanting 5 quid for that. I will just cut my feed hose in 2 so no need for adittional hose.

I am now lookinf forward to trying the increased flow and see if it will speed things up...

After being up half the night i managed to find a reconditioned interpump 202 and rs500 gear box for 300 quid so nearly half price.

After you pointed me in right direction re filter i got one of fleebay for a tenner as dualpumps were wanting 55 quid for that. I will just cut my feed hose in 2 so no need for adittional hose.

I am now lookinf forward to trying the increased flow and see if it will speed things up...

Sounds a bargain...glad you're sorted :thumbsup:

I was going to sell the other two washers I have a while back but now will be keeping them as backups just in case the one I like to use decides to tits up as well.

Back