Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hypo mix

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Because it's so concentrated even at 7% 1-1 hypo will cover a large area if the surface is wetted down first and you brush it on. Best you have a play and see how far it goes as to be honest it's hard to say.

i read on another forum of lads adding a cherry detergent to mask the smell of hypo, but havent tried myself

I've also read adding surfactants can actually reduce the cleaning ability of hypo.

Only if the surfacants are not chlorine stable ..Even if they are not there fine to use if you are using the mix that day . The problems are when you leave a non stable surfactant overnight or longer it breaks down the hypo and greatly weakens it.

Our friends from the states use a mix of hypo and soap like cherry washing up liquid etc for softwashing. I suppose not just to mask the smell but to help it stick to vertical surfaces a bit better.

I personally would not use 7% hypo only 14/15%when doing roofs or similar. The surfactant and masking agent are normally different products.

Back