Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

brick paving paint remover

WCF

Help Support WCF:

peter rogers

ok customer contacted me for quote

how do i remove paint from paving as its approx 100 square meters all painted

suggestions welcome guys

was thinking of getting a guy to lift it and relay it the other way round

Also what type of numpty paints a block paving drive?

Are they mentally challenged or something?

Go on pray tell why…. I bet the wife don’t like the colour now or the husband completely cocked the job up as we do. /emoticons/biggrin.png

i have a customer who painted his block pavers and then instead of resanding hee decided to try pour a watery cement into the gaps ,what a muppet ,needless to say i wouldnt touch the job.peter you could try some nytromors or an industrial paint stripper or suggest to the customer that he could hire out a small sandblasting rig

it looks a total mess peter and not only that whoever the cowboy was that laid it the sub base looks fooked too as the pavers are all over the shop.

Myself I would not want to put my name to that job at all as needs digging out and sub base done properly. Then a completly new surface laid be it blocks or whatever they want instead.

But just my thoughts you understand

Would a pressure washer not bring it off? I took a few bits off at the weekend off father in laws patio testing new pressure washer, not seen it though so dunno how bad it is.

Not worth the hassle as needs replacing not cleaning.

Would a pressure washer not bring it off? I took a few bits off at the weekend off father in laws patio testing new pressure washer, not seen it though so dunno how bad it is.

If someone is willing to pay me, and I would charge more, to clean a buggered driveway that's up to them, I would say it needs replacing and also charge more, but wouldn't turn the job down assuming I could bring the paint off with my washer. If not walk away.

If the pavers were sound it would be a paint stripping job so even your new 21 lpm cold washer would not be suitable for that job. The only things that would remove the paint without damaging the surface would be to use a doff type system or maybe a torc system.

Back