Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jake

Let's see your setup then!

Duncs

well done becky love the set up:thumbsup:

john39
Thanks John :)

I have seen people with ionic systems and this and that and it don't mean shit.

I have the up most of respect for you. I like to see someone like you every now and then not to many off them about.

good on you girl, what a spirit :)

john39

ill post pics of mine tomorrow your going to love mine lol

Smurf

Unfortunately we live in a society that some ppl don't give a fig and will rob you blind given a chance.

Just ask the many window cleaners that have had the van broken into or the van stolen even whilst out working too.

Here are just a few examples but are many more that don't make the public domain that are stolen

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/11744179.Beckenham_window_cleaner_has_van_stolen_as_he_works/

http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/stolen-window-cleaner-van.9762/

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/ben-mather-19-was-still-attached-1216490

Your can't trust anyone even another so say window cleaner

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/local/darlington/10835903.Aspiring_Darlington_window_cleaner_stole_ladders_to_help_set_up_his_own_business__court_hears/?ref=rss

So in short Smurf, you are such a miserable distrusting sole that you automatically assumes that this countries residents are nothing more than a bunch of thieving swine.

It is so sad to see someone so jaded.

I do not live in the best of neighborhoods but there is never any bother around here, besides, my van has a state of the art alarm and immobilizer to prevent my gear getting nicked.

I pity they fact that you have no faith in humanity any more as decent people.

Jimroot

The amount of car jackings around, ordinary hatchbacks, involving near manslaughter incidents... A window van with £££s of gear on board that can be stripped, very tempting. If I had a van mount I would have an external connector and maybe get a hound like Simon, Doberman perhaps :-)

Smurf

At least one van disappears each year and is never seen again which is probably stolen to order and shipped abroad. Don't matter what deterrents you have even hidden trackers as pro's can disable them easily.

Jimroot

Maybe I'll keep my off-putting van a little while longer, the 14 year old plate, black smoke and pained engine sounds might put off the criminal masterminds ;-)

Smurf

That's is one of the reason why I drive an old unsignwritten van about.

Because it don't have nick me all over the van and who in their right state of mind is going to nick a shed. :D

john39

the better the van looks the more inviting it is.

john39
I dont have a van :oops:

its applies to a car also. including beccys bike:whistle:

Pickingpaul
image.jpg.25cf6824789fee80b5967d341a84b659.jpg
its applies to a car also. including beccys bike:whistle:

john39
[ATTACH=full]6404[/ATTACH]

I love pussy:D. nice traditional setup :thumbsup:

Smurf

Still you have to run a business but if a van mount goes missing then you are stuffed big time until the insurance sorts it out. That is if the contents of the van is insured as many cut cost and don't insured van mounts and other kit inside the van.

the better the van looks the more inviting it is.

Smurf

It don't matter what you use for transport as long as it helps to earn you money :thumbsup:

I dont have a van :oops:

john39
Still you have to run a business but if a van mount goes missing then you are stuffed big time until the insurance sorts it out. That is if the contents of the van is insured as many cut cost and don't insured van mounts and other kit inside the van.

if you have a van that's reasonable looking and respectable looking then it should reduce the chances of it being stolen.

if your driving about in a new van nice writing, its just like a big steak on a plate lol

Smurf

I'm sure a lot of cleaners forget whilst out working to take the keys out of the ignition and/or lock the van up. I know I sometimes do but if my van got nicked then my insurance would not pay out nor if anything that goes missing from inside the van too.

Jimroot

I check my keys every few seconds when I go in or out the van, it's an OCD type habit but once the van is shut there's no other way in so I clip them on and off my belt loop all the time. I might get one of those curly key things so it's always on me...

the spare works the lock but doesn't do ignition so I'd be up the creek if I lost it.

Do you keep your ladder on all the time smurf? I do, with a ratchet strap, two ladder clamps, and a 12mm steel rope and cat 9 waterproof padlock. Might slow them down a few mins if they really want it...

peter rogers

there is places in england were u can rent avan with a wfp full set up in it

Smurf

I'm aware that supplier like ionics have vans for that same purpose and work with insurance brokers to offer this type of cover.

johnny bravo

with the citroen dispatch you can lock cabin doors , while leaving side and rear doors open, if you remember, a great safety device when working on rear of buildings

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.